GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Got a new dslr!

DriverFound1

Ready to race!

TDI110

O_o
stay away from "auto" - learn your MASP modes. If this is your first dslr then give the manual a quick read through so you know how to best utilize your ISO, F, shutter speed and DOF capabilities. What lens do you have?

I have a D7000 and I love it. Post some shots

JhnR

Banned
what kind? i have a D40 i love it. im stil learning any tips anyone !

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
take lots of photos. and listen to what TDI said. Auto is great and all, but if you KNOW your camera you can take some pretty damn good photos

dubbed24

Ready to race!
I'm going to a meet tonight in atl and I'm going to get some scenery shots and I'm gonna try and get some with my car. I'm trying to find someone with a speed light for tonight

Diluted

Ready to race!
Do y'all have any good tips for getting a quality shot at night of cars ?

Tripod is going to be must depending on how much light there is. Also, if you're using a tripod and don't have a remote shutter switch you may want to use the timer so it gives the camera time to stop shaking after you press the shutter button.

TDI110

O_o
I think anytime you go shooting at night you have to bring a tripod along due to long exposure times. You can always jack up the ISO and exposure, but then you'll get awful looking shots. I usually have a regualr SLIK tripod and a very tiny one for more ground level shots.

09vdubgti

Banned
Car(s)
mkV GTi
what iso were you shooting in? 6400 or something? No bueno at all..you need a tripod to shoot at night no way around it. The highest iso i shoot at is 400 even then its rare that i shoot at such a high number because you start getting grains.