GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Goodyear Exhilarates. Yay or Nay?

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
Well this makes me feel a little better lol! I have been up to 90 or so and it doesn’t seem to get worse. It may have been the road I was on as well since it seemed to be a pretty ‘uniform’ wave of slight vibrations. I’m also really touch about that kind of stuff so I maybe slightly overreacting lol. Alignment and balancing are two of my most important pet peeves lol

Yeah you need to find a good surface for testing. The interstate here has grooves in it making it useless in that regard.

w124_karl

Ready to race!
Tire Rack finally posted their full test of the Exhilarate. It stacks up really well against the new Michelin. And the savings you can get on the Goodyears make them even more compelling.

Don't know if you have a DiscountTire near you, but you can get quite a deal on them now via a few rebates/savings available now:
From the second link, "This offer is combinable with $50 instant savings on Goodyear Eagle Exhilarate tires."
And from the third link, "This offer is combinable with up to $100 Goodyear rebate on select lines and $50 instant savings on Goodyear Eagle Exhilarate tires."

Edit: You may be able to get these rebates/savings elsewhere. I just happened to see them on DiscountTire's website.

That’s $200 off a set. Nice find!

norsairius

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE DSG
Tire Rack finally posted their full test of the Exhilarate. It stacks up really well against the new Michelin. And the savings you can get on the Goodyears make them even more compelling.

Performance is looking great! I wonder how they’ll compare to the venerable Continental DWS06 in winter performance. I know winter tires are the best option for driving in snow, but plenty of people run UHP all season tires year-round so it’ll be interesting to see how these stack up.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
The “woke” statement is in reference to Goodyear putting out a memo that wearing MAGA or Blue Lives matter clothing at work was against company policy, but BLM was an exception and allowed.

Basically they’re hypocrites (BLM is a fundraising campaign for the Democrats) and got called out on it by POTUS so now they’re back peddling and trying to say they meant nothing by it.

ianisme1

The “woke” statement is in reference to Goodyear putting out a memo that wearing MAGA or Blue Lives matter clothing at work was against company policy, but BLM was an exception and allowed.

Basically they’re hypocrites (BLM is a fundraising campaign for the Democrats) and got called out on it by POTUS so now they’re back peddling and trying to say they meant nothing by it.
No it isn't. Go back to watching QAnon videos as that seems to be your level of critical thinking. I take it as read that everything that trump says is a lie designed to stir up his rabble.

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid

They look better than the Michelin's to me if you value comfort and road noise at all.

Jshinz24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 SE MT
Have been driving pretty hard today. Backroads, interstate and residential. I was hit with a pretty big microburst storm earlier. I have to say these tires are great, so far. They have handled hard cornering and high speeds pretty well. I’m not hearing very much road noise either, so I’m hoping it stays that way. My DCC on Comfort also feels more comfortable than with the stocks, not a huge difference but noticeable lol. Pretty happy overall so far with these tires.