GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Good Phone Holder?

Valdarious

Passed Driver's Ed
I am coming from my old Focus where it had a 12v connection on the dash and had a good phone holder so it would sit up in front and easy to see.
With the new Golf the 12v is down on the center console and in a crappy spot for trying to use a phone holder. I like to use my phone for using things like Waze or even when using my Torque app so I can see all the stuff running in the engine.
I guess what I am looking for has anyone done a custom holder or is there some kind of a vent holder that works well in the Golf?

MK7.5_Roa

Ready to race!
I was planning on using the proclipsusa one for my MK6 their mount matched flawlessly with the interior I haven't checked if they have one for the MK7 yet but definitely on my list

Valdarious

Passed Driver's Ed
Did not know about these before. I decided to do some googling and while I am at work I am unable to get to their website but I am able to view their youtube channel. Looks like a quality product to say the least. I look forward to seeing the page when I get home later.
Thanks for the info.

Edit, btw here is the Mk7 GTI video. https://youtu.be/nKiMof0x7So

perivale

Ready to race!
not sure if this is the same was what you're asking for, but I use a holder from Arkon that suction cups to the windshield and I think it's great. I don't wire the phone up though. the battery lasts all day, i guess i don't use the phone that much since i'm at work, and I don't bother with android auto. phone is a moto x 1st gen and my commute time is around 35 mins each way -- but most of the time i'm not usually using the phone unless i've got tunedin radio on.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
In my case I use a magnet attached to the vent and I added an extension cable for the MDI cable and that's how I charge my phone, the whole thing was 30 bucks and when I remove my phone there no bulky mount in the way. There are many different magnet mounts in the market now a days I use the SCOSCHE vent mount has a very small footprint, very strong, your phone will not move or vibrate the soft rubber will not damage the vent. I paid 12.99 at Stapples plus the extension from Amazon, I'll try to take a pic later

Valdarious

Passed Driver's Ed
I don't know the first thing about magnet mounts. I have always held the fact that magnets around electronics is a big no in my book. Not sure how cell phones use them. I have an S5 and I don't even know if it would work.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
I don't know the first thing about magnet mounts. I have always held the fact that magnets around electronics is a big no in my book. Not sure how cell phones use them. I have an S5 and I don't even know if it would work.
Those were my thoughts too, but on my iPad I have the apple cover with a magnet so I said why not and so far so good no problems at all.
It works for any phone with or without a case, the kit comes with the vent mount and two additional metal plates that mount to any phone or case, there is a small one that and a bigger one.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
this my set up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Valdarious

Passed Driver's Ed
I went ahead and ordered a proclip that mounts on the side of the dash. I like that one instead of the vent mount.
I have used Arkon's in the past perivale and I loved them but it just doesn't work for me in this car. I don't like the suction cup route. My old one plugged into a 12v in dash next to the radio so it worked well in my Focus.