GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Good deal for this 2018 Golf R?

Mk_GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Just test drove a 2018 Golf R DSG with 6,200 miles on it. CPO warranty and perfect condition. Asking Price is $37,500 + $399 “service fee” and they would not budge a penny off the price, so I walked. Told them brand new ones are going for invoice now. I would have bought it at $36,000.

Good deal at $37,900 + TTL or no?

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
If you are looking at a brand new one, MSRP is around $42725. There isnt any VW incentives for R and I am not sure if you will be able to knock down more than $2000 on a DSG. Inaddition, many dealers have exorbitant doc fee on brand new vehicles as well. In general, you are getting $4k off a brand new one and this looks like a good deal to me if the previous owner was a private party and vehicle is in a good condition.

So what does the CPO warranty adds to the vehicle? If the vehicle was not CPOed, the price might have been right on.

Mk_GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
VW has the military/first responder discount on Golf R’s now. I got an email from a dealer offering a new DSG Golf R for $2,300 off MSRP. Since the prices of new ones have fallen, that makes the CPO one I looked at yesterday overpriced. Now it’s only $2,600 off the price of a new one. I tried to explain that, but dealer wouldn’t budge at all.

Oscar LaVista

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE 6MT
VW has the military/first responder discount on Golf R’s now. I got an email from a dealer offering a new DSG Golf R for $2,300 off MSRP. Since the prices of new ones have fallen, that makes the CPO one I looked at yesterday overpriced. Now it’s only $2,600 off the price of a new one. I tried to explain that, but dealer wouldn’t budge at all.

They don't care, they'll find a sucker.

How does the CPO effect the factory 6/72? The 6/72 should be transferrable, I think.

Do the 2019 R's have the stalling problem people talk about on 2019 GTI's?

Mk_GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Waiting a week paid off.

Didn't expect them to move much, but got a call offering $1,000-1,200 more than average for my trade in. They didn't budge on $37,500 the Golf R price, though. There was maybe one additional mile on the car since I first test drove it, car was in inventory for around 45 days. They didn't even test drive my GTI trade in.

All in all, a pretty decent deal compared to what's available on the market right now. $37,500 +TTL, $4,000 for my 2dr 2010 GTI DSG w/129k miles (no leather, sunroof, nav), CPO warranty until 5/2025 or 84k miles, VW Credit summer sales event pays $500 of the first payment.

https://imgur.com/HxCwHy4