GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R Springs on GTI

ck23

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
19 R (DSG) - Lapiz
Just picked up a GTI and am thinking I would like to take care of some of the wheel gap. I know that the Golf R sits a little lower than the GTI. Would it be worth just picking up a set of used Golf R (OEM) springs and having them installed? I could also pick up a set of aftermarkets like Eibach, VWR etc., but just want a subtle drop and also to maintain a decent ride.

Ital

Go Kart Newbie
I went with the Eibach pro and the drop is perfect, just about an inch all the way around
That said make sure to use OEM parts like strut mounts and bearing.
I did not go OEM and I hear some thumps when going over road imperfection, at least I think it is because of the mounts :)

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
It might actually raise the GTI. The Golf R is a bit heavier than the GTI due to the AWD system.

reverend_sean

Go Kart Champion
So if you use the CSS part numbers from the chart on this thread (which I had no part in putting together), the front springs are listed as 5Q0411105JF. If you do a quick search, that part number pops up in US parts catalogs as a Golf R front spring. I can't confirm that this is 100% correct since I have never researched the European CSS parts myself, but seems promising.

I have no idea about the rears, but I would have think those rates are significantly different. But again, I haven't looked into it in detail.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/2016-clubsport-modifications-part-numbers.329092/

ck23

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
19 R (DSG) - Lapiz
All, thanks for the feedback. I've had experience with the Eibach Pro Kit springs on a Golf R that I owned in 2017, they gave a good drop, subtle. Just trying to see what all options are around. It seems as though VWR are some of the most popular, but feedback is fair on them for the most part.