GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R - Info From A Dealer

Frackz

Hey guys first post here, currently I am interested in the Golf R or a left over 2014 EVO MR\GSR. haven't decided yet and I actually wont be by until March of next year so I have plenty of time.

I thought I would share what a local dealer in the GTA as told me.

This was my interaction with Don Valley VW

In regards to the 2015 Golf R inquiry you sent us, We are taking pre orders the vehicle should be arriving at the end of May, it will make its first appearance at the 2015 Toronto Auto Show at the Convention Center, We are taking pre orders with subject to conditions. We are not aware of a firm price for the golf R at this time, we have however set a base price of $44,000 + fees and Taxes I have recently had someone ask a similar question and wanted clarification I will attached the same statements that my manager gave to his questions this way you can understand the process.

If you would like to come in to discuss this further and put a deposit down for a preorder we can arrange an appointment for whenever is more convenient for yourself.

I hope this helps,

“I’ve spoken with my Sales Manager who has given me the answer to all of your questions. I hope that this information is enough to help and hopefully we can earn your business. In Red is the answers my Manager has given me so again I hope that this helps. If you need anything at all please feel free to contact me at any time.
(1) The price and delivery time frame you quoted below are very helpful. Would it still be the case however, that should the price be above $44k and or deliver were somehow later than June (due to either supply or demand issues from Germany), you would not be obligated to return my pre-order deposit? (the other dealership quoted this as a $1000 deposit). ie If I were to place the pre-order there would be no fixed conditions (timing and price) on VW’s part at this point in time.
*** We will refund deposit ($1000) if price is greater than quoted or if delivery passes promised delivery date.
2.) (2) Your email seems to imply that there is a firm quota of 5 Golf Rs per dealership in Toronto. Does this imply that if you were to fill 5 pre-orders and I asked you to place a 6th (well in advance of launch) the VW factory in Germany would refrain from filling the order for this 6th car and delay delivery until the second shipment of cars? Is this something that VW has explicitly confirmed with your dealership with respect to the Golf R - if so why no further information about the vehicle?
*** Don’t worry about this part Emily. I’ll make sure we get the order in along with our initial order. Golf R will be a regular production car so no order limits will withhold dealers ordering capabilities.
3.) (3) To be quite frank, when it comes to a pre-ordered vehicle, there doesn’t seem to be much difference with placing the pre-order with one dealership or another. ie I would receive the same terms from any dealership as the pre-order price and delivery date would be the same across all. I would ideally like to maintain a relationship with the dealership through which I pre-order my vehicle - regular service, repairs, warranty, etc. What can you tell me about the level of service provided by your dealership that makes it stand out from others in downtown Toronto.
*** We are a Wolfsburg Crest Club dealer. We have the top service advisor Loretta Cain. We have been in business since 1965. 2 shuttle vehicles Mon-Fri. Convenient Service hours 6 days a week including 2 late nights till 8pm (Tuesdays and Thursdays). We have above average CSI with our service customers and very low turnover @ the service advisor counter.”

If you want any specific information please let me know and I will do my best to provide it to you.

artystamk7

Ready to race!
The base price of 44k will be for the fully loaded model with DCC,19" rims, nav, and fender system. The base R will most likely be 41-42k

artystamk7

Ready to race!
It would be really nice if that was the case, but then again you're getting awd, much more power- which means stronger internals, XDS+ (only available on the PP Gti) bigger brakes, and a different styling kit. On the other hand, the base R won't be getting a sunroof, nav, and the premium sound system. I'm hopeful but I still think the base will start just at over 40k.

sphereman1

Ready to race!
This is from my buddy at VW

So far we know:

5 Door only
DSG + Manual

Initially, the car was supposed to land sometime in the second quarter of 2015. We have recently received word from Volkswagen Canada that they have decided to delay the introduction of this model until the 3rd quarter (July/August/September). This allows us to market the car as a 2016 model year vehicle which will have an ‘improved infotainment system’. I know that’s a little ambiguous, but that’s the best information we have so far.

We also now know that the LED tail lights that are available on the 2015 Golf R in other markets will not make it to Canada. Word is that the turn signal is smaller than what Transport Canada will allow, so no go on those. The good news is that the standard tail lights are good looking in their own right.

..and btw $1000 sounds a lot to me.. I had another dealership asking me for $2000 LOL what a joke

I put down $500 to hold my spot :)

Frackz

looks like I will still be around.

Went to the mitsu dealership to make a deal on a 2013 EVO GSR second hand. I asked them ahead of time via email if they would negotiate on the price and they said twice they would.

Dropped 1000 dollars to hold the car for one day and headed down last night.

I found some issues with the car which they said they would take care of...Even though car was stock now it was slammed, fender liners had holes in them and were riped, and rears had tires all over them and were rolled from where the aftermarket wheels were rubbing, turbo heat shield was rattling a lot, idnicators were not amber(illegal here for safety they were white leds), TPMS sensor warning light from changing of the rims, glue on the door sills from removal of visors.

The car was going for 33800.

The first thing that erked me was for cert and e test ... 495...I don't understand why they charge so much. Safety is 20-30 bucks, etest is 30 bucks.

Secondly it was 33800 before hst and 495 for etest.. I asked them to make it 30800 and were done. The sales man said he needs to ask his manager... His manager came out and said before you came here you saw the price was 33, 800? I said yup...he said did you talk numbers before you came.. I said no.. I do that in person... I asked if its negotiable and your salesman said yes. He said so then what's your problem?

I said where is the negotiation?

Here is the best price 33, 500.

I asked for my deposit back, and the manager gets up off his seat and say call the other guy who wanted that EVO.

I LOL'd, my friend who was with me chuckeld and I rolled on home :)