GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R estate

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
To scoobyc, thanks!

If you want to meet up for a chat give me a PM also having written several; DIY guide to mods etc & having VCDS I know how to modify a car within VW parts & won't affect the warranty!

P.S I take it you know Hawco's then?...........:cool:.........they know me, defo parts lot:D

scoobyc

Thanks all for the welcome.

l3nnox - yep, the deal was great and we had a first little one on the way at the time so made sense to me.
Rear Lights - would have been nice but I'm hoping the tailpipes and diffuser will make it different enough to stand out, especially being in an R only colour.

Dave - would love to but I'm actually from Thurso so it's not a 5 minute thing:( I was just down for a dentist visit and a few treats. My wife is due our second on Tuesday so maybe once things settle down and the R arrives I'll give you a shout :)

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
5mins, er ..............let me know we could meet halfway,

anyway check out my How-to guides in the DIY section, give you some ideas for "mods"

also the reason the car looks clean is I got it Gtechniq crystal serum coated, AM Details in Elgin............

Last edited:

L3nnox

Ready to race!
http://sniffpetrol.com/2014/11/20/golf-r-estate-kills-off-all-other-cars/

"Following Volkswagen’s announcement of the Golf R estate this week, all other cars are to be cancelled.

‘It’s basically frigged it for all of us,’ sighed a spokesman for a rival car company. ‘You want a quick car? It’s a quick car. You want a practical car? It’s a practical car. You want a comfortable car? It’s a comfortable car. So really, what’s the point in us bothering?’

According to market analysts, the problem for other car companies is exacerbated by VW’s habit of offering the Golf R with incredibly reasonable finance packages. ‘They’re bound to repeat that with the estate making it a very affordable car too,’ said one industry expert. ‘We predict that pretty soon all car forums will be full of people discussing the Golf R estate they have ordered, or are about to order. And that really leaves no room in the market for any other cars.’

As a result of Volkswagen creating all the car anyone could reasonably need, experts predict that within two years all other car companies will have closed down, leaving the global vehicle market as ‘vans, pickups, and the Golf R estate’.

‘Well this is rather awkward,’ said VW head of sales, Edov Sayles. ‘I’m not sure we’ve ordered enough of that blue paint.’"

A bit OTT but you get the message...!