GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R Arrivals??

Proxima2

Ready to race!
Just curious if anyone has a clue when the 2019 Rs might be arriving here in the US? There are exactly ZERO 18s within 300 miles of my place so I suspect the 2019s cannot be too far off.
THX

SiRcivic27

I just bought an '18. Only had 3 within 300 miles, ended up going 200 miles each way to get mine. Last year I was told most of the 18's showed up in April and to expect the same for the '19s. My local dealer hasn't had a '19 allocation yet which means 4mo+. You're in Virgina, there were 3 at one dealer in DC last week...

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
So far, there hasnt been any concrete info about 2019 arrivals. It should hit the dealerships pretty soon.

gregozedobe

Battle scarred veteran
So far, there hasnt been any concrete info about 2019 arrivals. It should hit the dealerships pretty soon.

Not if they have been held up by all the WLTP nonsense that has stopped delivery of Rs in Europe (and some other countries). Some people have been waiting for 6 months or more for a new R.

Tsi7

Ready to race!
Not if they have been held up by all the WLTP nonsense that has stopped delivery of Rs in Europe (and some other countries). Some people have been waiting for 6 months or more for a new R.

Welcome to the world of GPFs (or OPFs as they like to call them in Europe)... petrolgate coming to a country near you soon :rolleyes:

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold

2018s reached US dealerships by Jan (late by 3-4 months when compared with typical MY launches) and looks like its gonna repeat this year as well.

I did just notice yesterday that VW has updated their website to show the 2019 MY Golf R.
All the colors!!!

Yeah it came online a couple of weeks back and finally we are getting the entire color options.

Tsi7

Ready to race!
2018s reached US dealerships by Jan (late by 3-4 months when compared with typical MY launches) and looks like its gonna repeat this year as well.

Yeah it came online a couple of weeks back and finally we are getting the entire color options.

I just checked the US site. Only the R appears to be shown as a 2019 MY. GTI and regular golf are still 2018... however, the Canadian site has all of them as 2019 MY... can order a 1.4T Golf already!

Jumpy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GTI Autobahn

The 2018 GTI arrived in late January, but the R didn't arrive until April.

Das auto1

Passed Driver's Ed
I like the new color options. Question is will it really hold the value up in the used market? So in others words will people be able to ask for the extra amount on top of whatever price it’s going for at the time?

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
I like the new color options. Question is will it really hold the value up in the used market? So in others words will people be able to ask for the extra amount on top of whatever price it’s going for at the time?

I'd be surprised if it did.

GOLF NUTT

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Golf GTI

I'd say that it depends on the buyer, if the buyer really likes the color then yes. Also depends on how many of a color were imported and how popular it is.
Just get the color you want on the R and enjoy it.

Centerman66

Passed Driver's Ed
I'd say that it depends on the buyer, if the buyer really likes the color then yes. Also depends on how many of a color were imported and how popular it is.
Just get the color you want on the R and enjoy it.
I would guess that the depreciation on the uprated colors will be nearly 100% once driven off the lot. The exception would be if there are buyers for a specific, highly sought after color. In short, those $2500 colors should only be chosen to make the original buyer happy, knowing that the premium likely never gets recovered through a sale.

This is purely speculation. I do not mean to present my thoughts as if I am an expert on auto remarketing.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk