GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R APR Dp Question

NBMK7GTI

Go Kart Newbie
Any awd mqb cars running downpipes run into a mid pipe being a little short? I grabbed an apr dp for my 7.5 R and the mid section is definitely shorter than I thought. The clamps have it pretty sturdy but it definitely has a noticeable exhaust leak. Not sure what else to do besides better clamps and the paste at this point.

pjs06c

Passed Driver's Ed
That happened on mine, the shop doing the install made a 3" piece on the spot for it. I have the AWE downpipe and Borla exhaust. I called AWE after and there was supposed to be a separate piece to cover the gap, they sent me one and I swapped it for the shop's piece (which was a little too loud).

NBMK7GTI

Go Kart Newbie
That happened on mine, the shop doing the install made a 3" piece on the spot for it. I have the AWE downpipe and Borla exhaust. I called AWE after and there was supposed to be a separate piece to cover the gap, they sent me one and I swapped it for the shop's piece (which was a little too loud).
I realized after the fact apparently early apr dps required it. I can’t find out for sure, but based on a few old threads it seems that way. My cars about to get dropped off to an exhaust shop for the same thing. Thank you.