GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf mk7 front wheel bearing tourque

Branch846

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi everyone just looking for a bit if information just wondered if anyone knows the tourque for the front wheel bearing and drive shaft on a 2014 2.0 tdi dsg golf mine is a 3 bolt fitting for the wheel bearing.
Looked everywhere and not found anything plenty on the 4 bolt fitting mk5 and 6 I assume not many people have done them on a mk7 as they are reasonably new.
Cheers

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
all MQB have three bolts...

70Nm + 90 deg turn for the small bolts
the big bolt for the driveshaft is 200Nm +180deg turn

The big bolt has to be tightened to 200Nm with the wheel off the ground & brakes applied
then put car on ground & tighten a further 180deg..

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Just to add...the reason for the procedure to protect the bearing...with the wheel of the ground there is no load/weight of car pressing down on bearing...this allows the bolt to be torqued up "central" to the bearing....

the final 180deg requires the weight of car on the wheel as its very high force & you would not be able to hold using the brakes...

Branch846

Passed Driver's Ed
all MQB have three bolts...

70Nm + 90 deg turn for the small bolts
the big bolt for the driveshaft is 200Nm +180deg turn

The big bolt has to be tightened to 200Nm with the wheel off the ground & brakes applied
then put car on ground & tighten a further 180deg..
Ok thank you for that is that 200nm even if it's the 12 point bolt I read somewhere if its hex socket its tighter if its 12 point it's only 80nm plus 90. Cheers

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Ok thank you for that is that 200nm even if it's the 12 point bolt I read somewhere if its hex socket its tighter if its 12 point it's only 80nm plus 90. Cheers

I'm using the ERWIN info I bought a few years ago..its dated July 2017 for Mk7 & Mk7.5...& just gives twelve point bolt..nothing about 6 side hex...

Wheel hub bolt ERWIN.jpg
Wheel hub bolt ERWIN.jpg

Branch846

Passed Driver's Ed
That's great that cheers
Must be for the earlier cars then that I saw with 6 point bolt least if it's in manual theres confidence of not breaking the bolt or driveshaft because that is one tight bolt!