GOLFMKV

Golf GTI MK7 Hybrid Turbo Released!

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI

blackcat1

Banned
Yep seems they just fixed it. I bet they are reading this thread LOL.

Arin, I'll take one GTI MK7 compatible APR GTX2867R turbo please.

Last edited:

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
they didn't reply to my inquiry!!! but i was just checking the TTE400 page and looks like oettinger use their turbos!

I'm very tempted for this swap yet too afraid

blackcat1

Banned
They replied to mine. Seems its an IHI turbo with beefed up and/or modified in-house parts. They also said that they sell those to Oettinger for 10 months now and did not have any cases of bad turbos, all working 100%.

Go Kart Champion
They replied to mine. Seems its an IHI turbo with beefed up and/or modified in-house parts. They also said that they sell those to Oettinger for 10 months now and did not have any cases of bad turbos, all working 100%.
Yeah but oettinger tune is very soft i presume. They offer a tuning box with the kit. And only produce 340hp on the GTI with a golf R hybrid turbo

Do they ship from UK or Germany?

Go Kart Champion
So what are your thoughts.. Yay or nay..

blackcat1

Banned
Well, they make 400ps on the R. MAYBE with the R turbo, APR and something like Unichip on top of it to give it a fine tuning... or maybe just with a tune and the regular turbo... I really don't know what could happen since the air flux will be all wrong for the ecu tables to cope with...

Go Kart Champion
Well, they make 400ps on the R. MAYBE with the R turbo, APR and something like Unichip on top of it to give it a fine tuning... or maybe just with a tune and the regular turbo... I really don't know what could happen since the air flux will be all wrong for the ecu tables to cope with...
I mean get the Turbo+custom tune it :D

Go Kart Champion
They will cover only defects in the turbo

Last edited:

Go Kart Champion
Well if it blows it will be a defect in the turbo?
Haha don't know. All i know is this time before tuning I'll have a garage do a full check up on all the components related to the turbo and oil change lol

Go Kart Champion
Haha don't know. All i know is this time before tuning I'll have a garage do a full check up on all the components related to the turbo and oil change lol

Go Kart Champion
Yeah. Should be an awesome upgrade man. A 400PS capable turbo on a GTI with a custom tune. Will blow a lot of people out of the water hahaha
Maybe in a few months :)