GOLFMKV

Golf GT TDI 2.0 BMT Recall

Mk5Dom

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2.0 TDI CRBC
Hi all.

I have Golf 2.0 TDi DSG on a 13 plate.

Received an email this morning from my dealer regarding a recall.
I can only assume this is for the software update that 'fixes' the emissions cheating.

Has anyone else had this done yet?
The last thing I want is problems. I've heard of a few Mk6 owners that have had misfires and hesitation throughout the rev range post update.

I can only assume that if I ignore the email they'll do it (albeit unwillingly) when it goes in for a service anyway.

Thanks.
Dom

MarcA

Ready to race!
Hi all.

I have Golf 2.0 TDi DSG on a 13 plate.

Received an email this morning from my dealer regarding a recall.
I can only assume this is for the software update that 'fixes' the emissions cheating.

Has anyone else had this done yet?
The last thing I want is problems. I've heard of a few Mk6 owners that have had misfires and hesitation throughout the rev range post update.

I can only assume that if I ignore the email they'll do it (albeit unwillingly) when it goes in for a service anyway.

Thanks.
Dom

It shouldnt be the emissions.. I was told the 2.0 150 was not included. Why don't you ring the dealer and ask ?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
It shouldnt be the emissions.. I was told the 2.0 150 was not included. Why don't you ring the dealer and ask ?

From what I know (& I could be wrong) that engine is included in the recall...as its an early build...

vwman

Go Kart Champion
Until you've asked your dealer guessing like everybody else.

It could be to reprogramme the control units to protect the battery.
Not a safety recall but a general 'Campaign recall' normally done at the next visit/service.

Mk5Dom

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2.0 TDI CRBC
Cheers chaps.

vwman you're right.
Response sent, I'll let you guys know what they come back with.

Dom