GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf 7 R interior uk spec

BlueBullet

Ready to race!
After two and half months of the golf 7 R interior cloth being completely black even if was two shades black, it has now changed on their configurator. Two possibly grey bolsters and black main seat. I'm really annoyed after being one way for so long and placing my order. I'm going to Vw and getting some answers as to what it will be.

I'm pissed at being messed about!

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Too many choices - used to be take it or leave it.

BlueBullet

Ready to race!
I went to dealership and my salesman didn't know it had changed, they said they would look into it and get back to me. Later this afternoon Vw in Germany had confirmed the uk spec cloth standard interior and sent a picture of a LHD model. image.jpg I admit I was abit to angry but the car I thought I had ordered had changed and wasn't sure exactly what I was getting and paying so much money I wanted answers before my build week. It looks like it will be ok now but it could have been more cream than grey and there's no way I'm paying over £34,000 for cream seats. I hope this picture helps.

GGray

Ready to race!
That is the interior they showed at the Detroit auto show in the blue R with no sunroof..

AT least you get a cloth option.. US market we get what they tell us....

Nolte

Fear my Stock Ride Height
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I went to dealership and my salesman didn't know it had changed, they said they would look into it and get back to me. Later this afternoon Vw in Germany had confirmed the uk spec cloth standard interior and sent a picture of a LHD model.View attachment 990 I admit I was abit to angry but the car I thought I had ordered had changed and wasn't sure exactly what I was getting and paying so much money I wanted answers before my build week. It looks like it will be ok now but it could have been more cream than grey and there's no way I'm paying over £34,000 for cream seats. I hope this picture helps.

See I'd prefer that. I think those are really good looking seats. I'm sure here in the USA we'll get leather like we always do. I hate leather (but admittedly I will deal, because the rest of the car is everything I want).

Honestly, what I'd really like is the grey plaid seats from the GTD. All the originality of the classic GTI seat, but not quite so flashy.

GOLF NUTT

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Golf GTI
^^^^^^^ I also would take the grey plais seat covering over the cold/hot and slippery leather seats. Time will tell vw says that we in Norht America will get more options on the Golf.

GGray

Ready to race!
Maybe we just need to start harassing VW US about the lack of optioning ability on the cars available here.. I can see limiting it on a high production car but a limited production car no real reason not to let people option them as they wish... I would literally pay as much for a cloth interior as leather THAT is how much I cannot stand leather....

I really would like a new Golf R but not if I cannot get it the way I want it... kind of sucks..

slush.puppie

Ready to race!
Maybe we just need to start harassing VW US about the lack of optioning ability on the cars available here.. I can see limiting it on a high production car but a limited production car no real reason not to let people option them as they wish... I would literally pay as much for a cloth interior as leather THAT is how much I cannot stand leather....

I really would like a new Golf R but not if I cannot get it the way I want it... kind of sucks..

"harassing" isn't the way to go, but with enough people contacting them asking for cloth, vw may realize they can make more sales by offering a "cheaper" solution.

http://web.vw.com/templates/Service?serviceName=infocenter&context=ContactUs

i've emailed them requesting cloth on the r. you only have 300 characters on the form, but just state your interest in a polite way, and maybe they'll notice a trend. i told them i'd be willing to pay a premium to "downgrade".

just make sure your message won't be disregarded as spamming/trolling (eg "HEY VW F*CKERS!! LEATHER SUCKS, GET WITH IT OR I WON'T BUY UR CARZ!!! Y U R RETARDED?!" vs. "I am highly interested in purchasing a 2015 Golf R, however the idea of leather only interior is quite offputting. With a cloth option it'd be an immediate buy for me. Thanks.").

Everyone here should just send them a polite request. Assuming the cloth seats meeting our crash test standards (airbags and whatnot), adding the option should not be a big deal, it's not as complex as other cool stuff we won't get.