GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf 7 1.8 TSI Actuator problem

martmak

Car(s)
Golf Mk7 1.8 tsi
Hello, i have some problems with my actuator, i got Golf 7 1.8 IS12 running on Stage 1, 122000km on a dash, 1 year ago my car threw me EPC light with P2563 - Implausible signal, i made initial adaptation and i dont get EPC light anymore, but my turbo is underboosting, so i think maybe problem is in my wastegate.

During my initial scan, I obtained the following voltage values:
IMG_1026.jpg

Initial adaptation succeed. Then i tried to make Position check of end stops of charge-air pressure actuator and it failed, aborted-safety reasons.
Here are the updated voltage readings I recorded after position check of end stops:
IMG_1033.jpg

I made position check of end stops again and it still fails, but initial adaptation does not fail.
WG is not stuck, during the tests i can see and hear it moving, but for some reason with ignition off i can't move it by hand.
Here is some log file, you need ot check 0.356 and 0.354, this shows actual boost and specified, i will try to make better log later: https://datazap.me/u/martmak/log-1693302300?log=0&data=1-3
I will be happy to extend my WG lifespan for other 4-6 months, because winter is coming and changing IS12 to IS20 (used one) is kinda useless before winter.
At this point, I'm seeking guidance on the appropriate voltage ranges I should be aiming for in order to ensure the proper functioning of the wastegate and the overall actuator system.

Last edited:

mgarrettsisk

Car(s)
2017 VW Golf 1.8
I've seen folks set the voltage value to around 3.6 volts and then running the adaptation.

If you continue to get these, replace that actuator. I recently replaced mine at 200000 km because of a recurring EPC light caused by a seemingly "stuck" open wastegate. CTS turbo sells the actuator off the IS38 turbo you can put on the IS12 as a replacement. No lights and way better throttle response after replacement and adaptation.