GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Glass Advice Needed

-jakrbt-

.:R32 OG
Okay, so at the end of the month, the wife and I are taking a trip down to Akumal (Cancun) for vacation. Not too far from our resort is Tulum, where some of the Mayan temples are located. I'd like to be able to snap some really good pics and I want to make sure I've got the right glass to maximize my chances. Also may be doing a little cave exploration tour while we're there, so I may try to shoot that if possible, too.

I need input from the peanut gallery on what glass I should try to aquire for the trip. Will probably be renting from a local camera shop due to cost effectiveness.

SOOOO......

What say you Peanut Gallery? :help:

clutch fool

OG MUFF DIVER
Car(s)
MK5 GTI 1st Owner
i dont know much about photography but i am a cancun expert. my advice is take a PnS and make sure you go to coco-bongo twice while you're there to see different shows. but really tho, sorry i cant help you. im sure our photogs will make some suggestions, im guessing a wide angle might be a good start? good luck.

soze

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Something Else
for the ruins you'll want a wide angle. That's what I used when I was in Cambodia.

-jakrbt-

Which wide angle? Sigma 10-20 or Nikon 12-24? I'll have to see what other lenses the shop has, but those are what I've been considering off the top of my head. I think my 50mm f/1.8 should work for caves, right? Or would I just be better off getting like a low aperture 17-55mm f/2.8G?

-jakrbt-

If you weren't using a D5000 I would say the Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 but it doesn't AF with the D5000.

I suppose AF isn't necessarily a must, but I guess it's nice to have. I don't know if they actually have that lens, though. I need to call and find out.

What about 70-200 AF-S VR II F2.8G IF-ED?

SimonSaysGTI

Ready to race!
Does the D5000 have a crop factor or is it full frame? (I don't know nikons at all). I'm assuming its not full frame so you will want the 10-20mm and the 50mm will be fine for the caves.