GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gas mileage?

docwyte

Go Kart Champion
What're you guys seeing mpg wise? My new '19 6MT is getting around 21mpg mixed on my 9 mile commute. Commute is 50/50 city/freeway, I am running a few gallons of E85 with 91 to get the octane higher...

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I peaked at 32 mpg last night when I went for a little cruise. Ended up at 29.5 mpg when I got home. That was with the AC off just driving around the city.

I'll probably see low 20s, maybe 24 mpg, on most of my commutes to work and back just because it's only a 10 minute drive and no long stretches of road to get the mpg up, there's too many lights.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion

Sometimes I miss my Gti lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

idriveastick

Ready to race!
I average somewhere in the low- to mid-twenties. Mostly city driving with some parkway driving sprinkled in a couple times per week. However, on a business trip (400 miles round trip), I averaged 33-35mpg.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
You really can't figure your gas mileage on a short commute. Go through an entire tank and then calculate it yourself. I recently did a highway run of 300 miles and my car's readout said 39.1 MPG and the actual mileage was 35.3 calculated by how many gallons it took to refill it and the miles driven.

cbass

Couple Loose Screws
Car(s)
milfs
Mine is out of whack because I had taller tires for a while, so it was like 6% off, but it's in the 20's.

edit: more info in car profile...

Buguyed

Ready to race!
Not sure how you guys are magically getting these high mpg. Even when my ‘17 R 6MT was stock, I got 26-28 ish on a road trip being nice at 75 mph cruise control and flat. This is when it was stock.

Around town before I averaged 20-21. Now that I’m stage 2, I drive like I’m in my 20’s again and getting 17-19 mpg haha. So much fun and still better mpg than my prior M3.

FactoryR

Ready to race!
My 16R 6mt, averaged about 26-28 on my commutes. My 19R DSG is from 30-33mpg. This also about a 5mpg difference in city driving as well.

docwyte

Go Kart Champion
Best I've gotten on a road trip is 28mpg. I'm hoping the engine will break in with more miles (only have around 1800 miles on it now) and the gas mileage will get better.

I'm really not getting a whole lot more than my old V8 SUV got right now.

cbass

Couple Loose Screws
Car(s)
milfs
Not sure how you guys are magically getting these high mpg. Even when my ‘17 R 6MT was stock, I got 26-28 ish on a road trip being nice at 75 mph cruise control and flat. This is when it was stock.

Around town before I averaged 20-21. Now that I’m stage 2, I drive like I’m in my 20’s again and getting 17-19 mpg haha. So much fun and still better mpg than my prior M3.
My peaks are road trips, tires overinflated slightly, fresh oil, clean air filter, etc.

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
My '16 R w/DSG just got 28.6mpg on a 2000 mile road trip with my wife. Not bad, before 20k miles I struggled to get 25-26 mpg. It seemed to wake up after 20k. I'm Unitronic stage 2 with intercooler.

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
I get about 28.6 per the car computer, and 28.3 per the maths using the same gas station and pump to fill up every time. I have 19 R manual