GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Furloughed BOTD Run?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
So if this shutdown kicks off, I’ll immediately be on furlough which more than likely will cancel flying out to CO to see family…..

If that happens, anyone else in this predicament and want to go run Back of the Dragon?

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
So if this shutdown kicks off, I’ll immediately be on furlough which more than likely will cancel flying out to CO to see family…..

If that happens, anyone else in this predicament and want to go run Back of the Dragon?

I’d be down, but that drive out would be terrible.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Yeah you have to leave really early from our area….Tigeo and I left last time around 0530 ish

paNX2K&SE-R

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4Mo
I just did 1400 miles round trip last week in SC/NC/TN/VA/KY/WV running in the mountains with some Miata buddies but I'm always up for more. We did BOTD on 2 different days and it was as great as ever. I work for the federal government as well but my position is "excepted" so I still have to report to work even if I won't get paid until the shutdown is over.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I just did 1400 miles round trip last week in SC/NC/TN/VA/KY/WV running in the mountains with some Miata buddies but I'm always up for more. We did BOTD on 2 different days and it was as great as ever. I work for the federal government as well but my position is "excepted" so I still have to report to work even if I won't get paid until the shutdown is over.
Ahhh…. Yeah I’m not essential soooo…. Should be getting that letter tomorrow.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Ahhh…. Yeah I’m not essential soooo…. Should be getting that letter tomorrow.

Look up how far it is for you to meet here:

78 Catawba Ave
Old Fort, NC 28762
United States

Brewery & official lunch spot of the mountain roads I’ve been hitting lately.

BOTD is fun, but Devils Whip & the surrounding area are the best I’ve found

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Look up how far it is for you to meet here:

78 Catawba Ave
Old Fort, NC 28762
United States

Brewery & official lunch spot of the mountain roads I’ve been hitting lately.

Nice input Jake…. I’ll check it out!!

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Not a government employee but I technically do need to take a week off to comply with company policy.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
The gov is wack.

My division is completely exempt, business as usually, no furlough, and pay will be as if there’s no shutdown.

I was really hoping for a shutdown longer than last time… Bring it.

Oh well.

paNX2K&SE-R

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GSW 4Mo

We did all of 80 down to Marion after coming across Roan Mountain on our last day. The Devils Whip section is entertaining but I don't think it's quite as fun as the upper section. Jake I don't know how far up 80 you venture but there is a great hole in the wall burger joint near the top called Bonnie and Clydes' located at 2660 NC-226, Bakersville, NC 28705.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Welp looks like I’ll be going back to work 🙄

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
We did all of 80 down to Marion after coming across Roan Mountain on our last day. The Devils Whip section is entertaining but I don't think it's quite as fun as the upper section. Jake I don't know how far up 80 you venture but there is a great hole in the wall burger joint near the top called Bonnie and Clydes' located at 2660 NC-226, Bakersville, NC 28705.

I’ve been pressed for time so we only did the lower part between 40 & the parkway a few times (along with 226A, Three Mile Rd, ect).

My mom rented a cabin up there in a few weeks to get the family together, so I should have a chance to check that out.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
😩
IMG_0197.png

😂