GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Full-time professionals

juicedUP

Part of the swole crew
This is a question for all those that work full-time Monday - Friday 9-5.

Some info on me:

I am a 23 year old staff accountant for an IT company that deals with Oracle. I got this job 6 months after getting my BS in Accounting. I am very happy with my job currrently and things are going well for me. I have been here for 8 months now and I am starting to want more $$$. I was thinking about finding a side job for the weekends (Sat/Sun). I am open to any suggestions or examples of how you guys make extra money :iono:

Also, those that do, do you regret it because your give-up your weekends. Basically the only time you have to do what you want and relax?

kootenaydub

The Scandinavian Flick
Personally, my weekends are for relaxing and doing what I enjoy.

If making money is what you enjoy, then great. But if you make more money to buy toys, etc. and never have time to enjoy them, then what's the point?

If you need more $ to support you're lifestyle, I suggest looking for a higher paying job.

Also, if you're an accountant, I'd suggest getting your certs. to do people's taxes on the side, or help out with small business accounting...

Some weekend/evening work for 3-4mo of the year can give you enough to enjoy the rest.

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Free time>More money.

My advice?...live within your means. Try not to get caught up in the cycle. The more you make, the more you spend. Blah, blah, blah. And once you get use to the new lifestyle, you purchase more things. And before you know it, your bills force you to work more, and then the cycle becomes never ending. Meh, it's just not worth it to me. Seen too many people get caught up in this one. Life's got better things to do than work more with it. I don't even work 40 hours a week, and haven't for 10 years. I have a close friend who has only worked part time (24hours) for the past 10 years as well, that lives by the same motto. Yet he also had his own home built, etc.

Edit: Best of luck with whatever you decide. Just remember, having time off is mentally and physically relaxing, pleasuring, & healthy for you. Money shouldn't be worth sacrificing this.

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Nowadays a 40 hour week is a misnomer. You'll find that the more you make, the more you work and that includes nights and weekends. I'd enjoy the time now while you can or potentially enroll in continuing education classes on the weekend to propel your overall salary a lot faster than a 2nd job will.

wyng

pssshhh pssshhhhhh
Car(s)
CW 5dr GTI
I am also an accountant.. and I work mad overtime...

I think we should make all the money we can while we're still young. But maybe that's just the way I was brought up. Hence, why I'm pursuing my professional accounting designation. Work during the weekdays, sometimes overtime, study weeknights and usually one more day over the weekend. It sucks, but it's only a few more months till I get my designation, and live a better life!

:)

chonface

does not have pink eye
getting a second job will burn you out and may affect your first job....

im my experience not worth the extra $$

suberix

somewhere near Barstow
You can make great money waiting tables. Selling crack also works...

"You know, I was thinking of becoming a crack dealer, yeah, selling crack... but not, you know, a bad crack dealer... more like a friendly crack dealer, like,... hey, man...? ... want some crack?"

mikegabriel

Banned
Car(s)
2008 GTI MKV
Didn't read other peoples input but here's mine:

If you're looking to fill your weekends with work, you wont have any free time.

If you want to make some extra cash on the side, start your own side business. Learn some web development or something. I freelance my development out at $50/hr and I only do it when I need cash OR if someone approaches me for work. I don't go looking for work unless I want to.

My work week is much the same as yours, I leave my city at 6:30am to arrive at work for 8am. I leave work at 5:30pm and get home around 6:30pm. 12 hour days @ (Pretty nice wage, but that's beside the point). Monday - Friday, I don't do much when I get home cause I only have about 4 hours before it's bedtime. My saturdays usually consist of sleeping in and sitting on my ass. Sundays are up early (So I can sleep at night) and relax / do what needs to be done.

Just warning you, working every day -- you'll burn out.

mkvtg37

women = cunts
Car(s)
ferrari
why not daytrade on the side? or you could start to invest in an IRA... idk.

i agree with this guy^^^ be careful of getting burnt out

Jtrem

Pro TeaBagger
Car(s)
'06 Gti
I work full time, Mon.-Fri. 8-4. One the side I like to do installs. (stereo, suspension, ect.) I can make pretty decent money just doing something I enjoy. I'm also active in investing. (not the best if your looking for a quick buck)

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
tried the 2 jobs thing myself once. 50 hours a week as a lot attendant at a VW dealer and 36 throwing night freight at a grocery store

Scharf

I whore myself during the weekend.

I'm going to get jiggy anyway, might as well get paid for it.

kevvve

TÜ MÄDR3
you live once make the most you can while enjoying life. if right now you feel like more money would make thing easier allowing you to enjoy life a bit more go for it. i mean your 23 i say work make money while your young and have energy...i been working weekends for 3 years now and have still managed to have fun. in the end do whatever you'll be absolutely happy with.