GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Full E-85 mod list and questions

Knifebright

Go Kart Newbie
Hello!
I’ve been researching and thinking of getting an E-85 file but have a few questions.
Car: 2015 MT, stock turbo, stock exhaust
Mods of relevance here: EQT Stage 1 91, Neuspeed CARB EO approved intake and FMIC

Things I need to run full E85:
  • HPFP: I’m leaning towards an Autotech assembled full pump.
  • E-85 File.
  • New 91 file? See below questions
  • Ethanol content sensor and gauge:
    • Leaning towards the Innovate Motorsports sensor​
    • If my P3 plan doesnt’ work, leaning towards Innovate Motorsports ethanol guage and coin tray pod​
    • Would love to have read outs on my P3 but my understanding is that the V2 does not offer that although I do have analog inputs so I’m going to do more research here but if I can’t add read out to a v2 p3, I’d rather add a stand alone ethanol guage than replace the P3 with the newest revision. Unfortunately it’s not just the controller that needs upgrading, the read out LCD also would need to be swapped (I asked).​

Questions I’m uneasy about around smog and switching files:
  1. There are not enough ethanol stations around me to run full time. I would like the option to switch between my 91 file and the E-85 file. If I have an upgraded fuel pump and I get a new 91 file with the HPFP factored into the file will I be able to run 91?
  2. When it‘s time for smog, if I put the factory software back on the car, will I be able to gently run it around with the HPFP on the car or do I need to plan to swap that out?
  3. I need to do my own research here but anyone have any luck with ethanol content read outs on a P3 gauge (v2) using the analog inputs with some type of sensor?
Thanks all!
Jimmy

Benihana

Go Kart Champion
1. If you tuned the 91 file with the HPFP then yes you can run 91, and you can switch back and forth between the tunes when switching fuels.
2. Have not run into this situation yet but I don't see a problem, just don't smash on it until you can revert the setup after smog.
3. Look into the Fuel-It bluetooth sensor it has an option for hookup to JB-4 which means analog, might be able to work with P3?

Knifebright

Go Kart Newbie
Turns out I do have the option of ethanol content readout on my v2 P3 with the addition of a P3 Ethanol Sensor Voltage adaptor and a GM/Continental sensor.
The difference is the V2 will only read out “A-1” as the analog sensor 1 instead of “eth”.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Definitely get the hpfp 91 or 93 tune. Also, I highly recommend changing out the internals to the fuel pump yourself. I was pretty skeptical but after watching a single YouTube video DIY multiple times I realize that it was actually fairly easy. The hardest part was actually having a clear and clean workbench to do the work on lol