GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fueling

Ricked_Em

Go Kart Champion
With all of these new products coming out I have a rather standard question. I definelty plan on doing the prs fuel pump once it's released and I am now torn on something else. I see precision also has a port injection kit but with no real way of controlling it yet. So my question is why are no there no bigger injector options yet. Seems like a cheaper and more convenient way to add more fuel. Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

drrck

Go Kart Champion
Injector duty is not the constraint yet, also injectors are expensive as they should be flow matched in sets of 4. If the duty cycle is not a problem then upgrading them without increasing fuel flow would yield no benefit.

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
With all of these new products coming out I have a rather standard question. I definelty plan on doing the prs fuel pump once it's relaxed and I am now torn on something else. I see precision also has a port injection kit but with no real way of controlling it yet. So my question is why are no there no bigger injector options yet. Seems like a cheaper and more convenient way to add more fuel. Thoughts?

Catch the thread in the R section on Nostrum injectors. They around $425 each so the extra rail is a cheaper options. The DI are very specialized so the guys that do modify them charge a arm and a leg.

Ricked_Em

Go Kart Champion
Catch the thread in the R section on Nostrum injectors. They around $425 each so the extra rail is a cheaper options. The DI are very specialized so the guys that do modify them charge a arm and a leg.
There's the answer I was looking for haha. Thanks George

iNeedMorePSI

Ready to race!
With all of these new products coming out I have a rather standard question. I definelty plan on doing the prs fuel pump once it's relaxed and I am now torn on something else. I see precision also has a port injection kit but with no real way of controlling it yet. So my question is why are no there no bigger injector options yet. Seems like a cheaper and more convenient way to add more fuel. Thoughts?

Why go with a random company with no history like PFS when you can go Precision Raceworks now for less money and it's tried and true.
http://www.precisionraceworks.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=20_61

HPFP you have Autotech internals.

There are big DI injectors options already like Nostrum. :D There are others for 1/3 of the price of Nostrum but I can't comment on those.

Ricked_Em

Go Kart Champion
Why go with a random company with no history like PFS when you can go Precision Raceworks now for less money and it's tried and true.
http://www.precisionraceworks.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=20_61

HPFP you have Autotech internals.

There are big DI injectors options already like Nostrum. :D There are others for 1/3 of the price of Nostrum but I can't comment on those.

I thought about the precision but I really don't want to waste the time on cutting up my basket when I can buy it plug n play.

iNeedMorePSI

Ready to race!
I thought about the precision but I really don't want to waste the time on cutting up my basket when I can buy it plug n play.
True, the extra $120 + whatever the core charge is might be better for those who want no downtime and want a 10min swap. Then get their core refund. ? Dont forget if you ever had the need to do double/triple pumper for more fuel you can with Precision because it's modular. The other option is going with a more pricey Bugatti Veyron brushless pump and Torquebyte controller. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ricked_Em

Go Kart Champion
True, the extra $120 + whatever the core charge is might be better for those who want no downtime and want a 10min swap. Then get their core refund. ? Dont forget if you ever had the need to do double/triple pumper for more fuel you can with Precision because it's modular. The other option is going with a more pricey Bugatti Veyron brushless pump and Torquebyte controller. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

After core it should be about $100 more or hell that gives me the option to just keep my original and throw it back in if I ever sell the car and make a little money back. The way I see it injectors are going to be roughly $500 more than port injection and tuning without the hassle of drilling into the manifold and finding someone to tune it. Decisions decisions..........

iNeedMorePSI

Ready to race!

Ricked_Em

Go Kart Champion
PS. For guys reading the price is each injector :eek:
With that said would there need to be any real tuning or by default they should just spray more with a bigger pump correct? So $1800 for injectors vs $800 for the port kit + tuning for it ($800 through UM). So for $200 more I wouldn't have to drill my manifold and switch tuning companies......

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
APR also has the a walbro 305 LPFP upgrade but not sure if it can be purchased without having an APR stage 3 kit.

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
So its looking like if I just want to replace just the fuel pump and use stock controller Percision raceworks is the way to go?

http://www.precisionraceworks.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=20_61&product_id=72

Are there any other options out there for the MK& just going with the Walbro 305?

It says pump is good for up to 500 hp which should be plenty as I am near the end of doing performance mods to my car.

The PFS option is coming out soon. It uses a Walboro 350. E85 compatible and drops in to the stock fuel pump basket. Also uses the stock controller with a small ECU coding change required.