GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fuel line Check Valve

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
Been searching everywhere, anyone have exp with removing the inline fuel check valve? Going to remove it and can't figure out how to get it to pop loose.

pieguy

Ready to race!
Just cut it out and use some unions to extend additional 5/16" to the HPFP. Or you can just redo the entire fuel line 3/8" and be done with it.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
I didnt do it but there is definately a trick to get it pop out. Here is pic of how it looks along with what i replaced it with. I think the mechanic told me he had to get those little black tabs compressed some how before it would pop off. I think he might have used like a little hook/pick or something.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
I didnt do it but there is definately a trick to get it pop out. Here is pic of how it looks along with what i replaced it with. I think the mechanic told me he had to get those little black tabs compressed some how before it would pop off. I think he might have used like a little hook/pick or something.

Yep, that’s what I’m talking about.

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
Figured it out. Had to remove the coolant tank and take off the black box to have room to slip in a 5/16 fuel line disconnect to pop it off . Just replaced the check valve with a quick connect elbow I had laying around from an Srt4 fuel rail.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Ooops. Forgot to mention that part. Was thinking you already had that cover unbolted.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
Anyone know if the pagparts fuel line kit takes away this check valve thing? I'm not exactly sure where under the hood this is located.

DylanMk7GTI

Car(s)
Mk7 Gti se 2017

Does replacing this check valve cause long cranks or issues? I’m getting fuel cuts on full WOT on my tune and my tuner wants me to check LPFP readings but I think this could be the restriction

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Does replacing this check valve cause long cranks or issues? I’m getting fuel cuts on full WOT on my tune and my tuner wants me to check LPFP readings but I think this could be the restriction

Do you have MPI? You can't read LPFP pressure without MPI.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
No I don’t have mpi. And I know u can’t read lpfp psi. I’m going to have to add a fuel pump gauge between the hpfp and check valve. I was just seeing if he had symptoms of a bad check valve to see if I need it
Have any logs of your pulls where your car cuts out?

DylanMk7GTI

Car(s)
Mk7 Gti se 2017
That's your high pressure fuel rail reading. Can you post the log csv? Datazap? Any ethanol in the tank?
https://datazap.me/u/dylanmk7/data-5-cobb-is38-tune-data-4-stratified-is38?log=1&data=6-9&zoom=0-664

no ethanol only 93 octane

my tuner wanted me to test lpfp with a gauge at full wot and I did
He wanted to eliminate that as an issue.
I don’t even feel the fuel cuts but I noticed my lpfp gauge at WOT go from 90 slowly to 60 and then off throttle back to 90