GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: Tastefully Modded 2018 GTI SE

NightBlueMK7.5GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
SOLD!!

Hello, up for sale is my 2018 VW GTI SE. I’m the second owner and have owned this car for a little over one year. In that time I installed many tasteful mods with the intention of creating the perfect daily driver with the ability to handle the occasional track day. I have since decided that I needed to own an RX-8 and so it is time to put my GTI up for sale despite what I have already invested into it. I have only put around 10k miles on the car in my ownership with only one track day at Laguna Seca. Please see below for details as well as a full mod list:

2018 VW GTI SE
~ 20,400 miles
6 Speed DCT Transmission
Night Blue Metallic and Leather interior
VIN#: 3VW447AUOJM293068

Suspension:
Ohlins Road and Track Coilovers (Swift springs at 7k front and 10k rear spring rates)
Vorshlag Camber Plates
OEM VW ClubSport S Spindles
OEM Audi aluminum subframe
Powergrid front adjustable sway bar endlinks (sealed ball joint)
Neuspeed 25mm hollow rear sway bar
Moog metal rear sway bar endlinks (sealed ball joint with greaseable fitting)
Audi TTRS front control arm bushings
034 Motorsports front subframe deadset kit
ECS rear subframe deadset kit
034 Motorsports street density rear shock mounts
Stern engineering rear subframe brace
Custom alignment performed by 034 motorsports less than 300 miles ago (specs available)

Brakes:
Ferodo DS2500 pads
Motul RBF660 brake Fluid
Neuspeed steel brake lines
TTRS “brake ducts”

Engine/Transmission:
APR Stage 1 ECU tune
APR TCU transmission tune
CSF Radiator
AMS Intercooler

Wheels/Tires:
APEX SM-10 wheels 17x9" ET42 with 255/40-17 Bridgestone RE71r tires (5th spare included). Less than 250 miles on these tires/no track time
Also have the OEM wheels with original tires (two of four have some curbing from previous owner) as well as a set of 18x8” ET45 Enkei TS-7 wheels that could be factored into the deal (need new tires)

Exterior:
Gyeon Pure Ceramic coating applied in the last year
Harlequin front/rear badge inserts (can be easily removed as they are just a vinyl sticker)

Interior:
Stainless steel DSG paddles
OEM rubber floor mats

With these mods, streetable drivability has been maintained as there are no clunks, squeaks, or unwanted noises in the cabin. Aside from the wheels/tires the car appears nearly stock, but can easily go way too fast on a windy road or be perfect for the occasional track day. In my opinion, all that is needed from this point if I were to keep the car is an oil cooler (if the new owner plans to attend somewhat frequent track days) and some sort of exhaust mods for just a bit more noise. Nearly all mods have 3k miles or less as I kept the car mostly stock initially aside from the tune and DSG paddles. Of course I couldn't resist the mod bug for long...

Asking $28,000 OBO

Feel free to email if you have any questions or if you would like any additional photos.

Additional Photos: https://flic.kr/ps/3WBwa4

Last edited:

NightBlueMK7.5GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Car looks great, what's next?
Thanks definitely a fun car. I'll miss it. I just got a 2005 Nordic Green with brown interior RX-8 with only 30k miles for the replacement. The rx8 despite it's flaws was one of my childhood dream cars so just had to have this one that came up for sale for a decent price. Would love to keep the GTI, but can't quite rationalize having four cars working from home haha.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Thanks definitely a fun car. I'll miss it. I just got a 2005 Nordic Green with brown interior RX-8 with only 30k miles for the replacement. The rx8 despite it's flaws was one of my childhood dream cars so just had to have this one that came up for sale for a decent price. Would love to keep the GTI, but can't quite rationalize having four cars working from home haha.
I always liked them. My dad had an FD from new until last year. I put a lot of miles on that one, it was a lot of fun and the RX8's I've driven have a similar, fun feel to them. You probably already know this, but let my stupidity save you if not. Don't park it on a hill in gear and without the e-brake set, as there's no compression lock with a rotary, it will just roll right down the hill past your surprised face. It's kinda tricky to unlock the FD door locks on a moving car, but I was able to do it before it hit anything. The benefits of youth.

NightBlueMK7.5GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I always liked them. My dad had an FD from new until last year. I put a lot of miles on that one, it was a lot of fun and the RX8's I've driven have a similar, fun feel to them. You probably already know this, but let my stupidity save you if not. Don't park it on a hill in gear and without the e-brake set, as there's no compression lock with a rotary, it will just roll right down the hill past your surprised face. It's kinda tricky to unlock the FD door locks on a moving car, but I was able to do it before it hit anything. The benefits of youth.
Glad you caught it in time!! I luckily learned that while sitting in my car the week I bought it while taking a phone call. I suddenly realized I was rolling down a hill despite being in gear. Very quirky engines.