GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: Custom OBDeleven holder insert for glovebox

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Mine's in:

I have a write-up at https://stealthgti.com/2018/06/14/obdeleven-scan-tool-holder/.

Scott

Nice blog btw. Really interested in the rear seats headrest mod. The oem ones hit the back of the front seats alot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
Nice blog btw. Really interested in the rear seats headrest mod. The oem ones hit the back of the front seats alot.

Very nice blog! And thanks for the review. About the fit of the insert-- if you wedge something between the body and the catch tabs to give them more force against the opening lip, they'll grip the lip better. Some fit tighter than others, and I test-fit each one and adjusted the catch tabs to snap nicely into place in my car, but in some cars a difference of a few microns can change that.

One of the first mods I did on my GSW was to swap out US rear headrests for Euro headrests. Since my car has cloth seats, I was able to find matching ones used on UK eBay for cheap. The view out my rear window is now completely unobstructed whereas with the US headrests the view was at least 20% obstructed, even with the headrests all the way down.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Very nice blog! And thanks for the review. About the fit of the insert-- if you wedge something between the body and the catch tabs to give them more force against the opening lip, they'll grip the lip better. Some fit tighter than others, and I test-fit each one and adjusted the catch tabs to snap nicely into place in my car, but in some cars a difference of a few microns can change that.

One of the first mods I did on my GSW was to swap out US rear headrests for Euro headrests. Since my car has cloth seats, I was able to find matching ones used on UK eBay for cheap. The view out my rear window is now completely unobstructed whereas with the US headrests the view was at least 20% obstructed, even with the headrests all the way down.

I briefly looked online earlier it said 350$, so i should search mk7 euro headrests? I also have cloth. Thanks for the heads up, seems like a hard item to find.

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
I briefly looked online earlier it said 350$, so i should search mk7 euro headrests? I also have cloth. Thanks for the heads up, seems like a hard item to find.

I used the boolean search term "golf rear headrests (2013,2014,2015,2016,2017,13,14,15,16,17)" on various eBay international sites. I was able to negotiate a best offer price which worked out to about $79 shipped.

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
Hey Southpaw, Are you still interested it making an insert for the rosstech hex v2? I'm in southern NH and could loan mine to you for the measurements. I know the obdeleven is super popular, but I'm sure a lot of people have the hex v2 too especially since these rosstech cables have come down in price from years ago.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
Hey Southpaw, Are you still interested it making an insert for the rosstech hex v2? I'm in southern NH and could loan mine to you for the measurements. I know the obdeleven is super popular, but I'm sure a lot of people have the hex v2 too especially since these rosstech cables have come down in price from years ago.

It didn't seem like there was any interest, so I didn't bother making any prototypes. Thanks for the offer. If you want a prototype at cost, and would send me your hex v2 for measurements, I'd make one for you.

TJN

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S

I used Audi B7 A4 headrests which are low profile. I have Golf with black leatherette and those headrests matched perfectly. Got a used set on Ebay for $80

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
I used Audi B7 A4 headrests which are low profile. I have Golf with black leatherette and those headrests matched perfectly. Got a used set on Ebay for $80

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Ya i have the black cloth/ red stitch, today was the first time i saw someone said they did the mod. Im 100% gonna do it. Ill try to do the search when i get paid hahah.

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
It didn't seem like there was any interest, so I didn't bother making any prototypes. Thanks for the offer. If you want a prototype at cost, and would send me your hex v2 for measurements, I'd make one for you.
Yeah I'm cool with that thanks for the offer. :) PM me your info and I'll send you out the vcds dongle. I guess if there's any interest in the future at least you'll have the measurements good to go.

StealthGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Hello,

Very nice blog! And thanks for the review. About the fit of the insert-- if you wedge something between the body and the catch tabs to give them more force against the opening lip, they'll grip the lip better.

Thanks for the tip! I noticed that something is wedged behind one of the tabs. I'll look into wedging the other side to see what happens.

Scott