GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Front Driver Assist Unavailable after intercooler install

ajvorse

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7.5
Recently installed a new intercooler on my 2019 GTI SE and about a day or two after the warning came on for “front driver assist unavailable”. I checked to make sure the connection was plugged in behind the grill and it was.

I didn’t drop the grill and made sure to be careful with it when I took it off. Wanted to see if anyone else had a similar issue and if it has the ability to just recalibrate itself after a while. Thanks in advance.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Recently installed a new intercooler on my 2019 GTI SE and about a day or two after the warning came on for “front driver assist unavailable”. I checked to make sure the connection was plugged in behind the grill and it was.

I didn’t drop the grill and made sure to be careful with it when I took it off. Wanted to see if anyone else had a similar issue and if it has the ability to just recalibrate itself after a while. Thanks in advance.

I do know it's common. My buddy with a 19 Rabbit has same issue. He's still running around with no front assist when he hit an axle off an 18 wheeler.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Awe man not what I was hoping to hear. Oh well looks like I’ll just drive around with the warning. Appreciate it.

I'm sure you need a recalibration, which VW charges an arm and a leg for.

Try seeing if there's any cels and clear them, maybe? Rinse and repeat. Lol

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I do know it's common. My buddy with a 19 Rabbit has same issue. He's still running around with no front assist when he hit an axle off an 18 wheeler.
Is emergency collision braking part of front assist? I have emergency collision braking but no other front assist. If the braking is part of your front assist I would want get that fixed.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Is emergency collision braking part of front assist? I have emergency collision braking but no other front assist. If the braking is part of your front assist I would want get that fixed.

Yep,, it's part of the auto braking.

ajvorse

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7.5
Looks like there’s a way to receive live data through the OBDeleven and determine if the radar is off center and by how much. Will check that tomorrow to determine if that’s the cause
So I was able to reset the calibration through the OBDevelen. I went to control units > adaptive cruise control > basic settings > calibration of adaptive cruise control and it seemed to work, maybe your friend can try this and see if it fixed for him as well

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
So I was able to reset the calibration through the OBDevelen. I went to control units > adaptive cruise control > basic settings > calibration of adaptive cruise control and it seemed to work, maybe your friend can try this and see if it fixed for him as well

We don't have adaptive cruise in the Rabbit.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I don’t either, it’s just listed under that for some reason. Sorry should have clarified.

That's awesome, I'm getting ready to do FMIC, so this will help.

ajvorse

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7.5
That's awesome, I'm getting ready to do FMIC, so this will help.
I think the only reason I ran into this problem is because I started the car with my front bumper off and the sensor unplugged and I guess it just assumed it was a new sensor and needed to be recalibrated maybe.

you can also go to live data and check the misalignment angle and determine if it’s actually out of alignment. Mine was less than a .5 degrees off angle which checking the service manual is within limit.
Hope this helps lol.