GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Folding mirror upgrade - reversing mirror dip and mirror memory

mikednonotthatmiked

Car(s)
2019 GTI SE MT6
I recently upgraded my MK7.5 GTI from the stock mirrors to power folding mirrors. Everything is installed, I have the coding set to enable the puddle lights, and the mirrors fold when I lock the car and based on the switch on the driver door.

Can I also enable the passenger side mirror dip in reverse?
Can the car support mirror position memory (ie, have the car auto-adjust the mirrors based on which key is used / which driver is selected)?

I though I had heard that the mirror dip was available with the upgraded power fold mirrors - stock NAR mirrors don't 'know' where the mirror is pointed, so it wasn't possible with my stocks to move back to the correct original position. How would I code that?

As an aside - this is the dorkiest upgrade ever and I LOVE it. I need more moving bodywork in my life. The rear view camera, now the mirrors... I love hearing little servo motors move bits of the car into place. Highly recommended!

where2

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'19 e-Golf
If you can read the passenger mirror X,Y position in live data, you can get dip in reverse to work reliably. If you can't read X,Y data in Live Data (other than 255, 255), then it won't work reliably.