GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FIXED: Convenience open close inop

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Ok, I am hoping someone may have some insight. The convenience open/close stopped working all of a sudden. I used it regularly from the fob and now nothing. I have tried Turning it off and back on in settings, but really dont know where else to go with it. Anyone with some options?

Thanks

2018gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Autobahn MT
One idea you could try.. Is your window auto up and down working? If not, that might be the reason why and you could try resetting it.

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
@2018gti It’s funny you should mention that. I have been finding the operation a little erratic. As it turns out you can disable windows from doing that. I don’t know if this coincides, but to answer your question they all work.

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Wanted to update this thread for anyone that may need it. I decided to scan the car, now that it’s not a billion degrees outside. I had a code in 09 central electrics. I induced it when I put in my recently purchased Euro switch. Cleared the code and the convenience open and close work again.

kglpdx

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Random question on this subject. I have convenience open/close turned on in my menu settings, but cannot get it to work from the fob. Someone told me the dealership has to program something in the fob, but I've never read that anywhere when I see this option discussed.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Random question on this subject. I have convenience open/close turned on in my menu settings, but cannot get it to work from the fob. Someone told me the dealership has to program something in the fob, but I've never read that anywhere when I see this option discussed.
Are you referring to opening and closing the windows with the key fob?

if so. In my experience, you can’t be further than maybe 15-20 ft from the car. I also have to double tap and hold the button for the windows to do anything.

kglpdx

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Are you referring to opening and closing the windows with the key fob?

if so. In my experience, you can’t be further than maybe 15-20 ft from the car. I also have to double tap and hold the button for the windows to do anything.
Yes, that’s what I’m referring to.
TBH, I think I’ve only tried it while sitting inside the car. Maybe you need to be outside?