GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Five8 coilovers for the MK7???

Terriquez88

Go Kart Champion
Has anyone bought and installed Five8 coil overs for the MK7? I’m getting ready to buy my first pair of coil overs but I’m interested if the coil overs by Five8 industries are worth it for how cheap they are. They run about $650 dollars and might be a good deal. Please let me know if you have bought them before or have any experience with this company? Thanks.

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
You’re probably better off with a higher end lowering spring than buying $650 coilovers... are you just looking for lowering? Because a $650 coilover from an unknown brand sn’t going to give you any performance whatsoever.

Last edited:

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
With suspension, you get what you pay for. Obviously there's a cost/performance curve and diminishing returns at the very high end, but you'd be well served to save your money for a well respected manufacturer. Doubly so if you're not installing yourself, the install is not cheap.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
If you want junk coilovers get Raceland. They’ll warranty them out every 10-15k miles when they blow out (average life span of cheap coilovers)

My vote if you’re on a budget is for quality lowering springs (which will beat your oem struts to death, but last at least 5x longer than sub $1000 coilovers)