GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fitting 7.5 ACC sensor to MK7?

danikd

Car(s)
GOlf 7.5
Hello, what I know, facelift ACC in emblem is protected by component protection, so I dont know if can be retrifited, even if you have old one. I think nope ...

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
Remote coders can help with the SWaP codes, I wouldn't consider that a deal breaker.

However I feel the modifications to the car is the harder part. To use the upper grill from the MK7.5 where the radar sits, you would need to replace the front fenders, bumper, and headlights.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Remote coders can help with the SWaP codes, I wouldn't consider that a deal breaker.

However I feel the modifications to the car is the harder part. To use the upper grill from the MK7.5 where the radar sits, you would need to replace the front fenders, bumper, and headlights.
I've yet to see anyone actually prove they can add the SWaP codes. I've seen people say they can, but it's never been proven.

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
I've yet to see anyone actually prove they can add the SWaP codes. I've seen people say they can, but it's never been proven.
I had it done to my car. MRR radar part # 5Q0907561G. Purchased it used from ebay, it had component protection and required a SWaP code added to my VIN in order to work.

My car did not have ACC from the factory, but the retrofit works perfectly. Forum member @doctor did the coding remotely.

doctor

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
LRR radars are not sensitive like MRRevo14f, many times i tried both versions. Especially front assist not recognize standing objects or cars on LRR old round radars, mrrevo14f is better in this situation also it can be detect if some cars when overtake you in reverse or close and make dangerous moves in front of you.

And lrr radars can be stolen easily because it doesn't need any swap codes, but mrrevo14f needs special swap codes.

Suggesting these part numbers if you think,
3QF907561
3QF907561A
3QF907561D
5Q0907561G
5Q0907561H

Regards

doctor

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Anyone know if this is possible? I already have the ACC sensor in the front grill. I’d like to piss that off and have the one in the emblem instead.
Actually i checked last weekend both grills, mk7 and 7.5, i didn't try but it seems two intertwined pieces. So i mean it can be seperable and fit 7.5 grill, so if it works, you can fit, The inside of the grill is 7.5 and the outside is 7.

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
Actually i checked last weekend both grills, mk7 and 7.5, i didn't try but it seems two intertwined pieces. So i mean it can be seperable and fit 7.5 grill, so if it works, you can fit, The inside of the grill is 7.5 and the outside is 7.
This would be great if it works, are you saying to remove the logo from the 7.5 grill and install it in the grill from MK7?

replicate

Go Kart Newbie
Yes this is what I was thinking too. The badge looks the same. So I assume you would need.
badge/sensor
Wiring harness. (Assuming they’re are different)

doctor

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Yes this is what I was thinking too. The badge looks the same. So I assume you would need.
badge/sensor
Wiring harness. (Assuming they’re are different)
Acc connectors are same just grill inside is different behind the badge, i mean if the change inside of the grills it will solve i think
s-l1600 (1).jpg

I shown how to seperable the one grill, you have to do it because 7.5 grill does not have nails like 7

Last edited: