GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

First wash, what products to use?

Stylee1

Hi all,

As title suggests I am about to give my GTD its first wash and was wondering what products you guys are using for internal / external cleaning for best result. I had the car prepped properly by a third party as I did not trust the dealers "valet" service as I have had issues before with holographic streaks on paintwork in the past :(

Would love to know what you guys are all using to keep you MK7's nice and gleaming.

Stylee

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
The 3rd party could/should be offering you suggestions, as you know there are hundreds of products out there, most of them will be adequate.
Keeping the car sealed/waxed will offer an extra layer to protect the paint and make it easier to clean. Get in the habit of a weekly wash regime , it doesn't take long to clean and vac.
My car is white also, I simply add 100ml of shampoo to 900ml water in a pump spray bottle, spray the car over and power rinse off, dry and job done, once the beading diminishes, I apply a wax coat.

Stylee1

Cheers mate,

Yeah I got some advice from the guys who prepped it but always good to see what other people do as I like to learn :)

This is my first white motor so want to keep it well protected from the ever increasing dust and dirt that settles on it on a daily basis :-/

Thanks again :)

ept

Ready to race!
Try Optimum No Rinse you only need a small amount and it is quick and easy to apply. If you look on the Detailing World Forum there is all the information you could ever need on how to keep your Mk7 in tip top condition.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Optimum No Rinse is excellent. :)

Tahiti1

Passed Driver's Ed
Normally an Autoglym car shampoo kind of a guy, I am currently using Gyeon Bathe + and it gets the thumbs up from me.

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
I would say its more to do with how (and with what application accessories) you are using the products rather than the specifics of the hundreds of different brands. The most expensive shampoo will ruin the paint if crudely applied with an old sponge!