GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FCP Euro TT RS Clutch Kit advisory.

elwood1

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2024 GTI SE DSG
My car is in the shop now. Turns out that the FCP Euro KIT-529542 TT RS clutch is not compatible with the Sachs 06K-105-266-H flywheel, even though the clutch kit is also Sachs. FCP doesn't offer a replacement flywheel for the R, so I bought the Sachs flywheel from DAP. Now, the shop has advised me that the new clutch is slipping, and that the engagement point is significantly higher than expected. A call to FCP Euro revealed that they had the same exact complaint yesterday. They think that the disc is the likely issue, and are "working on a solution". They are great about accepting the non functional clutch for a full refund and paying the return shipping, but they are offering NOTHING towards the labor to remove their clutch and the installation of someone else's. So, learn from my sad experience if you are in the market for this type of clutch for your R.

tknj99

Ready to race!
OP, just to confirm, based on your discovery would the KIT-529542 work for my GTI? (2017 model) I have this info noted for when my clutch eventually shits the bed

elamothe15

Ready to race!
OP, just to confirm, based on your discovery would the KIT-529542 work for my GTI? (2017 model) I have this info noted for when my clutch eventually shits the bed

Yes this clutch kit works with a GTI. I and many others have installed this kit with success.

elwood1

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2024 GTI SE DSG
Yup. Also works with the Golf R. Tons of people have used the kit with success on their Rs.

OP, did you drill the PP yourself or have the shop do it?

The work was done by the shop. This kit, with the Sachs flywheel, does not work on a MK7 R. This has been acknowledged by FCP Euro. Mine is not the only situation pending with FCP Euro at this time.

nonegiven

Go Kart Newbie
So the OEM flywheels are identical between the GTI and the R but they're both Sachs. Sounds like FCP is now sending out the wrong PP that only works with a replacement Luk flywheel and not either of the OEM Sachs flywheels.