GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

fave other form of transport besides a golf?

jjm51

Ready to race!
curious as to what we might get on this off topic question...

format;

1. tell us what it is and why you like/love it so much.

2. show us a pic

jjm51

Ready to race!
i'll go first

1. i dig my gti, but my absolute favorite form of transportation has been my vespas. got my 1st one in greece in 1982 when i was just a kid. a p125cc. so many wonderful stories on that scooter. might share a few if this thread gets going. :cool: well here is one; naked vespa ride all the way home at about 4am with some (also naked) brit girl after a bunch of us went skinny dipping under the full moon after the disco. my friends stole all our clothes and left my vespa. then, waited for us as we were coming back towards the village and started honking all their cars, motorbikes, etc. like 'waking ned devine' if you have seen that film. except we did it in 1983! somewhere that brit girl must still be laughing 30+ years later. more stories if you want. lol

2. pic of my current kick-arse vespa; a 1998 px200. has a disc front brake, the ever present spare tire on board, after market biturbo adjustable shocks, rubber harley engine mounts, and a custom seat that i had made to match my audi s4 seats. thing gets up to over 80mph on those small wheels. oh yeah! got super grippy michelin's on her too. here i am in my family village in greece. no helmet ma! i now wear a helmet. also, i generally look ahead when i am driving.

Attachments

• 1234847_10151847571087768_1534215774_n.jpg
    1234847_10151847571087768_1534215774_n.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 633
Last edited:

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
I have a 2000 Triumph Speed Triple 955i that is one of my prized posessions. It is the ultimate hooligan bike with loads of torque, plenty of top end power, amazing sound, and a comfortable riding position. This generation was featued in the famous Mission Impossible motorcycle scene along with a Triumph Daytona 955i.

Last edited:

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Bianchi mountain bike I had back in Turkey, when I was around 11-15. 24 Speed, spring suspension on the back and shock suspension on front, no disc brakes, back when disc brakes were only on more expensive bikes. I used to climb gravel hills or go downhill 20-45% inclines at 30-40 mph without a helmet. Back then in Turkey, no one wore a helmet when riding a bike. Looking back now, I'm afraid to do it again, adults used to yell at me for how fast I'm going, one time someone yelled at me "are you crazy!!!" Kids would call me torpil (torpedo in Turkish). I loved adrenaline and back then I didn't felt any fear at all lol.

not mine, but this was the bike, except I had no front disc brake.

farcyde11gti

Ready to race!
Besides my R I have a Stromer ST1 hi torque. It is pending a front-fork replacement (recall) but I am looking forward to getting it back on some soft trails and greenways.

farcyde11gti

Ready to race!
Forgive the mess. Space is limited :)

Not appearing in photo is the handle bar riser because I needed the shorter pedal reach but a taller handle set. The battery sits in the down tube and you can see the charger hanging out on the back tire for now.

Disc front and regen on the motor out back.

Last edited:

jjm51

Ready to race!
very cool farcyde07gti.

seems like electric bikes are making some serious advances. i have seen them in the past in europe. now, i am seeing them more here where i live.

very advanced tech like yours.

thanks for adding a pic.

farcyde11gti

Ready to race!
It is a nice way to get to the store without burning gas.

Bungleaio

Ready to race!
I have a 2000 Triumph Speed Triple 955i that is one of my prized posessions. It is the ultimate hooligan bike with loads of torque, plenty of top end power, amazing sound, and a comfortable riding position. This generation was featued in the famous Mission Impossible motorcycle scene along with a Triumph Daytona 955i.

These are made about 3 miles from my house, sadly still quite a rare site on the roads.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place...2!3m1!1s0x48775014dd3fc90b:0xc2e2cbcefa5a9e66

Stig's American Cousin

Ready to race!
For some crazy reason I have been drawn to mustangs since I was a kid. Specifically 1969 fastback. I love just about every generation accept for 71-73 and 74-78. All others I can find something about them I like. I try to own at least one of each family. My very first car was a 1969 fastback... had to have it..

Since the first its been all downhill from there..

66 Fastback, 1967 fastback big block GT, 1969 Coupe, 1992 Hatchback, 1993 Florida Highway Patrol, 2001 Cobra Convertible, 2003 Cobra Convertible.