GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fault:Problem veichle light after led bar was installed

jonbakken

Car(s)
Golf 7 2014
Hi, i have an 2014 Golf 7 1.2tsi that i have mounted a ledbar on. After that i get a Fault massage (Problem vehicle light). But i can´t see any error codes except this one on the dash.
Now i have even removed the led bar and everything attached to it but the fault remains.

Every bulb is ok.
Car as halogen light
There is no curve light on the car.
I attached the activate cable for the relay on pin 8 in light connector.
Now i have removed the activation cable and soldered to old one back together, But still have the same fault.

Do any of you guys have any clue what this can be?

Best regards/ Jonbakken

IMG_1081.jpg
IMG_1082.jpg
IMG_1083.jpg

Dr.Ed

Passed Driver's Ed
Did you remove the error code(s) using VCDS? What you did, you pulled to much power from one of the lights, giving you this error. Remove error and you should be ok.

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Jonbakken : Hi.

If you connected the relay to pin#8 on the rotary light switch (red/white wire), then you connected directly to fuse #8 on fuse holder SC which for a left hand drive car is located on the lower left side of the steering wheel like this:

Check the fuse in position #8 - it should be a 10 amp rating

Don

jonbakken

Car(s)
Golf 7 2014
Jonbakken : Hi.

If you connected the relay to pin#8 on the rotary light switch (red/white wire), then you connected directly to fuse #8 on fuse holder SC which for a left hand drive car is located on the lower left side of the steering wheel like this:

Check the fuse in position #8 - it should be a 10 amp rating

Don

Hi Don,
I connected relay switch pin (86) with the black and white cable (Pin8) on left headlight connector. Everything works just that i have that alarm. but i will check that fuse/Jonbakken

jonbakken

Car(s)
Golf 7 2014
Did you remove the error code(s) using VCDS? What you did, you pulled to much power from one of the lights, giving you this error. Remove error and you should be ok.
Hi,
i did check with OBDeleven and did not find any faults. I will try to ask a friend of mine that have VCDS to have a look/ Jonbakken

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Hi Don,
I connected relay switch pin (86) with the black and white cable (Pin8) on left headlight connector. Everything works just that i have that alarm. but i will check that fuse/Jonbakken
jonbahhen: my bad - I thought that you connected to pin#8 on the rotary light switch (not the headlight socket). Pin#8 on a halogen headlight socket is "M30 Left headlight main beam bulb". Look in the module that OBD11 calls central electrics for the fault - then try to clear

Don

jonbakken

Car(s)
Golf 7 2014
Hi again. I have looked for faults with Vcds but don’t get any fault codes. Starting to get out off ideas..

when I get in to the central electric module the warning light disappears. And when I go out from that module it’s coming back. /jonbakken

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
have you tried resetting to factory settings in the MENU?

Don

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Hi Don. No I haven’t done that. Could you
Please explain more in detail what that will do and how to?
Best regards jonbakken
jon: my suggestion is a bit of a long-shot (a guess really) - but It's done like this:
  1. Press the CAR button on the RH side of the Discover media Unit
  2. Press the set-up panel on the bottom RH side of the screen (i.e. the
    symbol)
  3. Scroll down the list of options and select Factory Setting panel (it's the very last entry on the list)
  4. On the Factory Setting screen, you should be presented with these reset options:
    – All settings
    – Driver assist systems
    – Parking/manoeuvring
    – Light
    – Mirrors and wipers
    – Opening/closing
    – Multifunction display
  5. select a suitable category (Light - maybe?)
  6. Then follow the prompts to Reset the facility to factory status
Note: after the reset, you will lose any personalized settings that you implemented for the reset option that you chose - so you will need to re-establish these settings.

Don

Last edited:

jonbakken

Car(s)
Golf 7 2014
jon: my suggestion is a bit of a long-shot (a guess really) - but It's done like this:
  1. Press the CAR button on the RH side of the Discover media Unit
  2. Press the set-up panel on the bottom RH side of the screen (i.e. the
    symbol)
  3. Scroll down the list of options and select Factory Setting panel (it's the very last entry on the list)
  4. On the Factory Setting screen, you should be presented with these reset options:
    – All settings
    – Driver assist systems
    – Parking/manoeuvring
    – Light
    – Mirrors and wipers
    – Opening/closing
    – Multifunction display
  5. select a suitable category (Light - maybe?)
  6. Then follow the prompts to Reset the facility to factory status
Note: after the reset, you will lose any personalized settings that you implemented for the reset option that you chose - so you will need to re-establish these settings.

Don
Hi don. Thanks for the tips. I tried that without any change. It’s really strange this thing. /jonbakken

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Hi don. Thanks for the tips. I tried that without any change. It’s really strange this thing. /jonbakken
jon: absolutely last suggestion from me (I'm all out of ideas) - but try removing the negative battery lead for a short time. This sometimes works in these very odd situations.

Of course, you will generate some error messages when you reconnect the battery, but most (all?) will resolve themselves after the car's rail voltage stabilizes (try cycling the ignition key a few times if necessary). If errors persist, a short drive should clear the remaining fault messages.

Don