GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fairwell MK7 GTi :'-(

VDubber1

Ready to race!
Well...after 16mths and going through a 2.0 GT TDi (150) and a GTi which I have only owned for 4mths tomorrow. I have decided to throw in the towel and get rid of it and leave VW after being a loyal customer for over 15yrs and x7 VWs.

To sum up the MK7 build quality.....utter sh!te!

She departs from my ownership on Friday afternoon ?

I'm sad to see her go but on the other hand...I can't take anymore build quality issues and the fights with VWUK that go with them any longer.

The new wheels and new brand
Audi TT 2.0 TDi Quattro S-Line Black Edition....

Last edited:

jasonjb

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice car. I feel you on the quality, ive had mine for 3 weeks and its been taken to the dealer 2 times already, one for recall and one for paint issues and im probably going back next week as well. I was planning on keeping the GTI for a long time but considering everything I think im just going to keep it for a couple of years and then trade it in

Boosted_2.0

Ready to race!
Ummm what issues? I kinda find it funny you go from VW to another VW product "Audi" when you said you would not get another VW.

VDubber1

Ready to race!
I was the same but thought I would cut my loses and get rid of it now....

Mr_Jiminy

Passed Driver's Ed
Best of luck with the Audi chap, hope you have better luck than I did with mine... I had two years of rattles, albeit for a solid engine. Thanks for the help with rear suspension issue.

VDubber1

Ready to race!
Best of luck with the Audi chap, hope you have better luck than I did with mine... I had two years of rattles, albeit for a solid engine. Thanks for the help with rear suspension issue.
Cheers! I hope this one is trouble free [emoji6]

I really do hope VW sort out this mess because this is going to put a big dent into their sales in the future if they don't sort out their quality issues. Both my Golfs were built in Wolfsburg so there really is no excuse.

wildswan

Ready to race!
Cheers! I hope this one is trouble free [emoji6]

I really do hope VW sort out this mess because this is going to put a big dent into their sales in the future if they don't sort out their quality issues. Both my Golfs were built in Wolfsburg so there really is no excuse.

have 2 change name to wowdi

VDubber1

Ready to race!
Risiduals are questionable for the GTi's...I lost 6k in 4mths...but landed a cracking deal on the TT so softened the blow.
Problem is that there are loads of pre-registered ones squirreled away that you dont know about that are being sold at ridiculously low prices and it doesn't matter a damn how many extras you have on it....trust me!
So when you're looking for a valuation they show you that these are what are available for 23k [emoji35]

acapvwgti

Ready to race!
I lost about 6k once when I traded in an A4 after a few months,it was my only non vw I ever owned. I hear ya on the mk7 I had a few issues of my own but after a month of ownership I can say it's built more solid and out performs my mk6 gti in every aspect.

I came from a TT to my Golf 7 and agree the quality is in a different class. My Audi still felt like new in all respects after 4.5 years. My Golf doesn't feel as solid or classy and I can't see it lasting anything like as well. A case in point - the wheels on the TT were the same Titanium finish 19's as the OP's. After 4.5 years, apart from 3 stone chips and some slight wear marks, as good as new. Already dreading the first winter with my GTD's diamond cut faces!

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Risiduals are questionable for the GTi's...I lost 6k in 4mths...but landed a cracking deal on the TT so softened the blow.
Problem is that there are loads of pre-registered ones squirreled away that you dont know about that are being sold at ridiculously low prices and it doesn't matter a damn how many extras you have on it....trust me!
So when you're looking for a valuation they show you that these are what are available for 23k [emoji35]

Sorry to see you go, one should never really purchase any car on residuals.
Personally I would have held out for the next TT (MK3?) which arrives soon (unless of course that is the one you are having next.)

bluetrep2

Canadian GTI made in Mexico?

Nice car. I feel you on the quality, ive had mine for 3 weeks and its been taken to the dealer 2 times already, one for recall and one for paint issues and im probably going back next week as well. I was planning on keeping the GTI for a long time but considering everything I think im just going to keep it for a couple of years and then trade it in