GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Exhaust flap coding - Return to stock via OBD11?

kevinkar

Drag Racing Champion
For no particular reason I decided to code the flaps permanently open and it worked fine. They have been open for a while now and I have noticed no real change in sound or drone. I have confirmed they are open all the time (in non-race/sport modes a bore scope shows them both open all the time) So the coding via OBD11 worked.

Since there's no real "improvement" of any kind, nor is there any drone or other issue, I'm sure I can leave them alone and not think about it but I decided the other day to return to their OEM functionality for the hell of it (again, no particular reason.) However, it appears OBD11 won't let me accept the unchecking of that bit box and I get the "dreaded" "(22) Function cancelled, marginal conditions have not been met" note. Done a lot of shutting the car off, restarting the app, trying over and over, etc. but nothing seems to allow that setting to change back now.

Looking on the intertubes there are other coding changes for different cars that get this same "error" and it does not look like anyone has provided a real fix for it, even at the OBD11 forums where I've found more questions than answers. Seems this is not limited to Golf R exhaust flaps so I figured I'd start here to see if anyone has some thoughts on getting it to get back to original.

Like I said, it's no biggie as it doesn't seem to have changed anything so if it never changes back it's not a problem. BUT it should be a simple uncheck of that box. Wondering if anyone knows what "conditions" have not "been met."