GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurosport camber mounts, LCAs, deadset kit, FSB, full dogbone compliment - my thoughts

GoatAutomotive

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI SE, DSG
I have them on my car which is my daily and sometimes sees motorsport use. The camber inserts do not add any NVH, and do not cause any tire wear issues as long as your toe is correct. If all you do is street driving, they won't really be noticeable, for better and for worse.
1691128743286.png

Kep said the same thing, but with less. Spot-on response. 👏 🍻

Pierreoj

Car(s)
Alltrack 2018
I have them on my car which is my daily and sometimes sees motorsport use. The camber inserts do not add any NVH, and do not cause any tire wear issues as long as your toe is correct. If all you do is street driving, they won't really be noticeable, for better and for worse.
So it may not be worth it for the street but if I install them, should I set toe to zero or in between factory and zero ?

I’m going to remove struts this week-end but if they don’t add anything noticeable, I may skip them…

SouthFL_Mk7.5

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
Inru
So it may not be worth it for the street but if I install them, should I set toe to zero or in between factory and zero ?

I’m going to remove struts this week-end but if they don’t add anything noticeable, I may skip them…

I run the camber pucks (bought them preinstalled and was worth it in my opinion) with -2.2 camber up front ( Superpro LCA’s contribute to the camber ). Just a hair of toe out beyond 1/32 but less than an 1/8th) and no excessive wear for daily.
I too had the Superpro camber strut tops and those were fine at first but grew progressively bad over the course of a year in terms of NVH. The EuroSport pucks have been great.

kep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
If you're already pulling apart your suspension, it doesn't hurt to add them in. My car is at -2 degrees camber and I run zero toe, the only time I've seen inner shoulder wear was when my toe got knocked out from a pothole or something.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I run the camber pucks (bought them preinstalled and was worth it in my opinion) with -2.2 camber up front ( Superpro LCA’s contribute to the camber ). Just a hair of toe out beyond 1/32 but less than an 1/8th) and no excessive wear for daily.
I too had the Superpro camber strut tops and those were fine at first but grew progressively bad over the course of a year in terms of NVH. The EuroSport pucks have been great.
Same experience. Superpro LCAs + Eurosport mounts (I bougth the complete ones...I think that's better/will have less issues) and am at about -2. No strange wear. My toe should be the stock toe-in setting and I have no strange wear. I think my camber should be a bit more but I never got a printout, just these numbers from the shop.

F. camber -2.0
F. caster 7.9
F. toe 0.16
R. camber -1.6
R. toe 0.15

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Inru

I think it's 100% worth it to by the mounts with inserts pre-installed. I installed them myself and honestly... uggghhhh. The SuperPros and 034s were awful with the H of NVH. I had some noise too, with low speed turning mostly, which was not acceptable for me in a daily. That noise may have been normal, and may not be an issue for some... but it was embarrassing if I had passengers in the car, haha. I had the shop re-install, then I re-installed, different types of lube (it's fun to experiment :LOL:) and I could never get rid of the noise for good. Until I went with the Eurosport inserts, dead silent just like stock.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I think it's 100% worth it to by the mounts with inserts pre-installed. I installed them myself and honestly... uggghhhh. The SuperPros and 034s were awful with the H of NVH. I had some noise too, with low speed turning mostly, which was not acceptable for me in a daily. That noise may have been normal, and may not be an issue for some... but it was embarrassing if I had passengers in the car, haha. I had the shop re-install, then I re-installed, different types of lube (it's fun to experiment :LOL:) and I could never get rid of the noise for good. Until I went with the Eurosport inserts, dead silent just like stock.
Metal on metal just always will be more noisy/more NVH.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Metal on metal just always will be more noisy/more NVH.
Yea for sure... the noise I had, only with low speed turning, seemed to be whatever bearing stack they had going on in there. The harshness from aluminum mounts was expected and would have been livable without the noise.

GoatAutomotive

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI SE, DSG

1691376246780.jpeg

I will never encourage anyone to do the EuroSport inserts themselves if they can afford to buy the complete assemblies. It was one of the worst installs I’ve done on this 5-year build, and it cost me a track day back in April because of all the headaches and specialty tools needed. #wretched.

But the juice was worth the squeeze as I needed that -0.8* camber addition + silence on bunks and compression.

Pierreoj

Car(s)
Alltrack 2018
I have installed the camber kit this week-end. It went smooth. The only issue I have now is my combination of bump stops and strut shaft diameter make the bump stop loose on the shaft because it is no longer fixed to the top plates.

I can hear the bump stop rattle on some road imperfections. I will see if I can add some material to dampen this noise or make the bump stop tighter without disassembling everything.

Otherwise everything is tight and feels good.

Cheers

Last edited:

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I have installed the camber kit this week-end. It went smooth. The only issue I have now is my combination of bump stops and strut shaft diameter make the bump stop loose on the shaft because it is no longer fixed to the top plates.

I can hear the bump stop rattle on some road imperfections. I will see if I can add some material to dampen this noise or make the bump stop tighter without disassembling everything.

Cheers
What dampers are these? Which one rattles...front or rear?

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Front suspension. Koni special actives with Sportwagen 70mm bump stops.
That's strange. The bump stops should "click" into the strut tops and not move.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R

Cheers

I had a similar issue on my M3. I grabbed a zip tie and cinched it tight around the bump stop. It was just enough to provide that extra friction needed to keep it tight on the strut shaft.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I had a similar issue on my M3. I grabbed a zip tie and cinched it tight around the bump stop. It was just enough to provide that extra friction needed to keep it tight on the strut shaft.
But here on the fronts and rears, the jounce bumper presses into the mounts and shouldn't be moving in the first place.

Look at ~6:20 when I pop out the bumper. Like/sub please!