GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurosport camber mounts, LCAs, deadset kit, FSB, full dogbone compliment - my thoughts

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Update after a 2-day HPDE at VIR this past weekend. Tires were the budget-minded 200tw Accelera 651 Sport 255/40/17 on Apex 17x9 VS-5RS forged wheels.

The -2 camber from the Eurosport Street Camber Kit + Superpro LCAs is fantastic. Car tuned so well, tire wear was even, and the side walls weren't trashed. The additional caster is a nice add as well.

All the lock-down bits from the dogbone stuff to the deadset kit and rear subframe inserts really makes this car a go-kart.

The addition of the FSB to the RSB is nice - I don't notice any additional understeer beyond what you get from your own inputs in turns.

I have no noises, creaks, etc. Dead quiet.

Car is great for the track/my skill level (lower intermediate at this point) and really, I wouldn't change anything else at this point. Coilovers would be nice and maybe next year I'll go there (Standard Racing Suspension is what I would do). The H&Rs are soft but it's not causing any issues.

Driver mod of course will trump any of the suspension upgrades. Tires/brakes come in second.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
How much did you pay for the FSB install? Thinking about mine, but I'm also trying to not go too far off the deep end.
Can't recall if I answered this in DM but I never post install/labor costs. It will vary on your area and shop to shop so easy to just call 3 places and get quotes. It's a subframe out job so consider that it's not something simple.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
Can't recall if I answered this in DM but I never post install/labor costs. It will vary on your area and shop to shop so easy to just call 3 places and get quotes. It's a subframe out job so consider that it's not something simple.
Appreciate the reply lol. I think it was 2 hours of labor for me.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I keep saying this.....
Interesting comparison showing what appears to be a reduction in body roll due to the addition of a front sway bar this year. Same corner/~same position...slighly different camera angle. Speed is likely faster this year with better tires/more experience. 2021 was RSB only.
315008890_10158892549176723_8705137670204399011_n.jpg

GoatAutomotive

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI SE, DSG
To your original post...
1668487633512.png

You covered 10+hrs of research that would be needed from a dozen threads in one post, with a no-bullchit feedback review on each mod.

Thank you, Mk7 brother!

(and that is a s**t ton of mod parts)

Can we see some pics of your street fighter?

GoatAutomotive

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI SE, DSG
Won't let me edit my post for some reason...I meant "can we please see some more pics of your GSW?"

It can be resting, track, or anything in between.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Won't let me edit my post for some reason...I meant "can we please see some more pics of your GSW?"

It can be resting, track, or anything in between.
A few from the track a few weekends ago. Also...glad my post was helpful to you.

20221106_071642.jpg
20221106_122259.jpg

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Some vidoes up on my YouTube on these mods...don't forget to like/subscribe!

FSTSNAL

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 DVP Spektrum R
Can’t wait. Just waiting on a set of white line sway bars and end links and b16 damptronic coil overs. Holding off on deadest because I am leaning verkline subframe. Trying to decide on camber plates. Either ground control or Vorshlag.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
In action. A few "good" laps for me around VIR in the shaggin' wagon....mods in action!

Last edited:

Pierreoj

Car(s)
Alltrack 2018
Hi @tigeo

Very interesting to read your suspension posts!

If driving only on the street, would you recommend the Eurosport camber?

I have powerflex control arm bushings and was wondering if the added camber would be really beneficial to handling?

Reduced tire life and snow/slush traction are what makes me hesitate.

Thank you :)

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
@tigeo Will I'm sure have better answers... but the Eurosport inserts use the stock mounts so they are, I think, the ideal choice for a street/daily driven car. I had both 034 and SuperPro mounts. Neither provided a stock-like ride. I have noticed no impact to tire life with the camber added by the Eurosport inserts. I can't say I push my car enough to really notice a handling difference, but 99.9% of my driving is daily. I used to make weekend canyon/mountain runs but I did a lot of suspension work at the same time as the inserts so can't isolate their impact. But with no added harshness and no additional tire wear I wouldn't hesitate to install them, especially if already doing a suspension refresh/mod.

kep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
I have them on my car which is my daily and sometimes sees motorsport use. The camber inserts do not add any NVH, and do not cause any tire wear issues as long as your toe is correct. If all you do is street driving, they won't really be noticeable, for better and for worse.

GoatAutomotive

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI SE, DSG
@tigeo Will I'm sure have better answers... but the Eurosport inserts use the stock mounts so they are, I think, the ideal choice for a street/daily driven car. I had both 034 and SuperPro mounts. Neither provided a stock-like ride. I have noticed no impact to tire life with the camber added by the Eurosport inserts. I can't say I push my car enough to really notice a handling difference, but 99.9% of my driving is daily. I used to make weekend canyon/mountain runs but I did a lot of suspension work at the same time as the inserts so can't isolate their impact. But with no added harshness and no additional tire wear I wouldn't hesitate to install them, especially if already doing a suspension refresh/mod.
THIS. 👏 🍻 ❤️

I run the EuroSports. Hated the install. Love the outcome.

This has been covered before, but is easily missed/overlooked:

Toe angle (being off) destroys tires faster than camber until you reach -2.0* and above. It induces unwanted tire scrub when driving straight, and more when turning the tires into corners.

-2.0* to -2.5* camber can be mitigated by driving the car aggressively/spiritedly in corners and taking fast backroad cruises. I believe I ran -2.3 to -2.5* on the track car (640hp GTO) and it did eat up the inner most shoulder on some 255/40 Michelin PSS tires after many thousands of miles. This only happened after I stopped tracking the car and driving it down curvy roads.

Hope this helps someone. Because I should be in the shop working right meow...