GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

European Delivery ? Anyone else interested?

Amigo

I what to pick up a golf R in Europe. Anybody know why VW does not do this, like Porsche and BMW. Or who at VW to email and plead with.
I already have a BMW M2 on pre order for european delivery June 2015. It may not exist yet though.
Big trip planned for june 2015.
But I am thinking of switching to the R for the stealth of driving a Golf. I track my cars and the potential of this car looks amazing.
It is so much fun passing GT3RS and Ferrari's in my 135i, that would be even more FUN in a Golf.

TheSwede

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf7 Alltrack/Cupra
FYI regarding EU delivery

I was visiting Wolfsburg Autostadt summer 2013. They have "AbholerWelt" where you pick up your VW which you have ordered from your dealer in your home country. This take place in for the purpose dedicated building - big one!

People was arriving with license plates from their home country. Great expectations in there eys :D! This possibility is available if you live in Germany, Netherlands and Austria :(.

For a Canadian like you or a Swede like me, so far what I know, it’s not possible. Wish it was!

BMW 135 is a wonderful car, Golf R for sure also is. Go for it ;)!

/Peter

Last edited:

Amigo

I found my own answer at the Vancouver auto show yesterday. I was looking at the MK 7 GTI. There was a well dressed gentleman showing the local VW sales people some highlights on the GTI. I asked him later, apparently the North American GTI and "R" will be made in Puebla Mexico. That European R 's might meet CMVSS [canadian motor vehicle safety standards] but they will not be certified as such. This is required for admissability into Canada. Oh well.