GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne 91 tune 1/4 mile

Arac

Ready to race!
Went to the track last night and thought I'd report my results. First thing to say is the track was very, very slick. They scrapped the burnout box and were using a new watering system. I found that it was so slick that I'd get massive axle hop and power cutting unless I did a launch before lining up. Wasn't too pleased but whatever. The track was aware of the problem and hopefully they will have it sorted out soon. Eurodyne does feel stronger than Unitronic, both with 91 tune, but that makes sense as the Unitronic tune is advertised as a bit milder. Car has no other modifications and is DSG. Altitude is 2200'

So here is my best time, which is .501 and 3mph better than stock. I should be able to cut at the very least .050 off my 60' time and I think I should run well into 12.6s or maybe even 12.5s with good launch conditions. I should post that, for comparative purposes, the official NHRA correction factor gives 12.566 @ 107.64 mph.

For comparison here are some pure stock times at the same track, similar temperature:

Here is a slip with Unitronic Stage 1 91 tune. You can compare to the 594' marker as the car always went into limp mode at that point. Note the much better 60' time with Unitronic. This, I am sure, is due to the poor track conditions this year. By 330' the Eurodyne has caught up and edged it and by 594' Eurodyne had a clear advantage, even with the weaker 60' time.

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
Wow, those are either really soft tunes, or my 93 oct makes that big a difference over 91, or it was a real crappy track. Or combo of all 3, I watched a bone stock R run a 12.9 at the track late last year. Happy I didn't chose any of tuner companies you've tested, thanks for testing and posting though!

Assume no dsg tune?

Arac

Ready to race!
Wow, those are either really soft tunes, or my 93 oct makes that big a difference over 91, or it was a real crappy track. Or combo of all 3, I watched a bone stock R run a 12.9 at the track late last year. Happy I didn't chose any of tuner companies you've tested, thanks for testing and posting though!

Assume no dsg tune?

What are you running and at which track? I don't think a 1/2 second improvement with a 91 tune is bad at all. As noted the car is all stock save for tune. Also I weigh +225lbs, so that makes a difference too.

That 12.9 late last season is comparable to my altitude corrected time of 13.0x when I was stock.

Really happy with Eurodyne so far. One price gets you all their tunes, data logging etc. And I can do all the tunes in my garage, including going back to stock.

iTsLiKeAnEgG

Ready to race!
Its likely the track, tires, etc. Eurodyne ran a high 11 with their Stage 1.5 tune on an Audi S3.

Last edited:

Arac

Ready to race!
Its likely the track, tires, etc. Eurodyne ran a high 11 with their Stage 1.5 tune on an Audi S3.

Stage 1.5 93 tune. Also the track, like you said, makes a big difference. You get a cool day or evening at a low track and you have the DA that can easily knock a few tenths off your time. Not to mention launch conditions.

Arac

Ready to race!
I was thinking a bit more about the mph and thought the increase in mph may not be commensurate with the drop in ET. I found this thread where they talk about reduced fuel pump cycle when the fuel level is low:
http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19676

I've always gone to the track with as little fuel as possible to save weight. For example, when I did the above noted run I had well under 1/4 tank. My range was about 75 miles when I got to the track.

Is it true that power is reduced with such a low fuel level?