GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EPC light (P00B700 code)

GTI210

Ready to race!
Has anybody dealt with this?

EPC is limiting car to 4000 RPM. No boost. Car overheats super quick. Literally a drive down the street will get the temperature way up there.

Want to rule out any smaller issues before tackling the water pump/housing since it's such a PITA to do.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Anytime the EPC light comes on it limits power and RPM. But it shouldn't overheat. The light will reset when you turn the car off and back on but you need to get it diagnosed.

GTI210

Ready to race!
Anytime the EPC light comes on it limits power and RPM. But it shouldn't overheat. The light will reset when you turn the car off and back on but you need to get it diagnosed.
The EPC light doesnt ever really go away. It's always there when I turn on the car. I've cleared it with OBDeleven and it always comes back on pretty much immediately.

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Your thermostat or waterpump failed because it froze in texas. Same shit with my car right now, same code. Appeared the day after it froze in my town.

Low coolant/pump performance. I have another low voltage to pump code as well. Currently sitting at the dealer waiting in line with every other one that failed.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Your thermostat or waterpump failed because it froze in texas. Same shit with my car right now, same code. Appeared the day after it froze in my town.

Low coolant/pump performance. I have another low voltage to pump code as well. Currently sitting at the dealer waiting in line with every other one that failed.
Were you just using water in the radiator?

GTI210

Ready to race!
Finally got around to taking the thermostat and water pump out.

Do I need to replace the water pump belt or can I reuse it? Seems like it would be a huge PIA to get the bolt that locks it into the shaft out. There's like no room in there.

spacc

Car(s)
VW Passat wagon B8
hi gents, so this kind of issue can only be fixed by replaced the whole waterpump and thermostat?

it is not some kind of wiring or sensoring issue?

i replaced my waterpump and thermostat 2 years ago, really hate to do so.

thanks heaps.

spacc

Car(s)
VW Passat wagon B8
Has anybody dealt with this?

EPC is limiting car to 4000 RPM. No boost. Car overheats super quick. Literally a drive down the street will get the temperature way up there.

Want to rule out any smaller issues before tackling the water pump/housing since it's such a PITA to do.
hi gents, so this kind of issue can only be fixed by replaced the whole waterpump and thermostat?

it is not some kind of wiring or sensoring issue?

i replaced my waterpump and thermostat 2 years ago, really hate to do so.

thanks heaps.