GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Enkei Wheels!

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Enkei is a big name. Their RPF-01’s, Rajin’s, and some others are favorites on the forums.

Going 18” > 19”:

Pros: Looks, Performance

Cons: Tires are a lot more money, rougher ride, and reduced protection from potholes etc.

DipLowDolla

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I’ve been running 18”x8” RPF1’s w/Continental summer tires. I forget.. I think they’re Extremecontacts. Way lighter than factory. Wheels are a hair below 19lbs each and if I recall I’m right around 30lbs with tires. Factory wheel and tire was 44lbs each. I think the ride is fine, can’t agree with the above rougher claim. I recently bent my left front on the outer lip after hitting a crater I couldn’t see at night while changing lanes. But i plan on refinishing soon. Otherwise I have hit many potholes, sharp raised seams, bridge seams and no other bends.

Attachments

• ACFA3A6D-3B73-4C21-9E46-DBB7F67CDBB8.jpeg
    ACFA3A6D-3B73-4C21-9E46-DBB7F67CDBB8.jpeg
    914.1 KB · Views: 1,298

ourlee

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 TT 17 GTI S
Moms runs 19s since 2014. I hate the cx5 but love her wheels (raijin)

I ran fujins forever, never a hiccup

D.Gage

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Gti
I’ve been running 18”x8” RPF1’s w/Continental summer tires. I forget.. I think they’re Extremecontacts. Way lighter than factory. Wheels are a hair below 19lbs each and if I recall I’m right around 30lbs with tires. Factory wheel and tire was 44lbs each. I think the ride is fine, can’t agree with the above rougher claim. I recently bent my left front on the outer lip after hitting a crater I couldn’t see at night while changing lanes. But i plan on refinishing soon. Otherwise I have hit many potholes, sharp raised seams, bridge seams and no other bends.

which offset do you have, and also which center caps are those? They look great

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
I have been running 18x8 TY-5s for about 2 years now and have been very happy, mainly due to the fact that I’ve hit insanely large potholes that absolutely rocked the car and have never bent a wheel. They are a very reputable brand for good reason.
235FC208-3FE2-49DC-921D-E976BE96A978.jpeg

D.Gage

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Gti
I have been running 18x8 TY-5s for about 2 years now and have been very happy, mainly due to the fact that I’ve hit insanely large potholes that absolutely rocked the car and have never bent a wheel. They are a very reputable brand for good reason.

Daaaaaamn those are nice! What offset, and anymore pictures?

OBP

Go Kart Newbie

10lb tires!

Ghawk

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTI, 2019 GLI
Had a couple of sets on two different GTI’s and an Accord. No issues at all. Increasing diameter will affect the ride. In addition, if the weight is increased, expect that to affect the ride (unsprung weight) as well as slowing acceleration, increasing braking distance, and using more fuel (rotating mass/flywheel effect).

I have been going to smaller OD in recent years, 18>17 and 19>18 with positive results. Bling and the possibility of some improvement in lateral grip are the only advantages of these larger wheels.