GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Engine stall on braking

ChrisGTD

Passed Driver's Ed
I had to break hard the other day after someone pulled out in front of me.
I was able to slam on, flash my lights and sound my horn. However as I tried to continue and accelerate, the display said "start engine manually" and low and behold, it turned out I had stalled.
I was then faced with the embarrassing situation of having to restart my engine and you know what it's like, you need to press clutch to get it going.
I really can't believe the engine stalled. I pride myself on my driving and the incident was not so severe to cause me to stall. It seems the engine stalled quite easily, I didn't feel it labour at all as I came to a stop.
Anyone else found this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ColinStone

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII 2016 Match BM
Braking hard in a highish gear to low speed. Revs too low and engine will stall and as no load no labouring! Get a DSG - no stall as box will work itself down gears as you flash and hoot etc!
Look further ahead and anticipate - the numpties that suddenly pull out are generally pretty obvious.

Philboy

Hi guys my Dsg Gtd has a habit of engine cutting off before the car has stopped moving maybe still doing about 2mph if you catch it wrong and start to move again it stops and says start manually you have to put it in park and start it again its highly embarrassing feel like a right numpty told vw at service they were going to look at it but haven't drove anywhere in it yet to try it anyone else get this?

ChrisGTD

Passed Driver's Ed
Braking hard in a highish gear to low speed. Revs too low and engine will stall and as no load no labouring! Get a DSG - no stall as box will work itself down gears as you flash and hoot etc!
Look further ahead and anticipate - the numpties that suddenly pull out are generally pretty obvious.

Colin I've got it on dash cam, he/she pulled out of a stationary line of traffic I was passing. If I hadn't had been looking ahead it would have certainly been a collision. I'm always anticipating dick heads, just surprised my car stalled considering how prepared I was

ChrisGTD

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi guys my Dsg Gtd has a habit of engine cutting off before the car has stopped moving maybe still doing about 2mph if you catch it wrong and start to move again it stops and says start manually you have to put it in park and start it again its highly embarrassing feel like a right numpty told vw at service they were going to look at it but haven't drove anywhere in it yet to try it anyone else get this?

Never known an auto to stall, that is strange !