GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Emission Service Action 24FX

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Sounds like the secondary air injection is responsible for the lack of a gas smell because it's heating up the cat faster. I guess that was the emissions part of the update.
I figured that could be it, honestly it’s just a guess on my part

revvit

Car(s)
2019 GTI SE 6SPD
2019 6MT, never had any problems with stalling, I did the 24FX update last Saturday.

Definitely improved cold starts – GTI does not sound like an old tractor diesel anymore, and I could swear that there is slightly less rev hang, but this part may be just a placebo effect.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Started the car today and noticed something different. It snowed last night. More like sleet. But it was about 34f in the morning. The car’s cold start procedure happened much faster than usual. Typically at this temp, cold start takes maybe 3-4 minutes. Took less than a minute this time. I’d wager it took 20-40 seconds. I didn’t even have my seat belt on yet and was fumbling with the lightning cable to connect my iPhone.

and it makes me wonder if the days of running the vw502 oil on cars that have the 24fx update are over. Maybe not over but more difficult considering the faster cold start will force folks to have to idle at lower rpm a bit longer before heading out. Definitely a wrench in the gears.