GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Emission Service Action 24FX

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
Ok so it’s been a while. And these are the definite things that I can quantify as being changed after the 24fx update. The GLI is stock. The GTI isn’t and they’re both dsg.

on both cars, the farm equipment tractor sounds on cold start have been reduced severely. It’s still as loud but that tapping event doesn’t last anywhere near as long as before.

the secondary air injection is way louder and far more active. You can hear it blowing in pulses. U can even feel it in the steering wheel.

the cold start procedure seems to be a bit quicker

drive and sport options on the dsg feel the same, compared to pre update. Drive feels like old drive. Sport feels like old sport. Car accelerates the same. Car is not smoother. Nor is it rougher. It’s the same.

downshifts via paddles are not faster or slower. Upshifts via paddles are not faster or slower

finally, super interesting thing I’ve been noticing. I start my car in the garage. After cold start there’s usually a faint gas/exhaust smell. Now, it doesn’t smell at all. Anyone else notice that one?
Are you running EQT on the GTI? If so, did you flash to stock prior than back after?

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Are you running EQT on the GTI? If so, did you flash to stock prior than back after?
Sorry for the lack of detail

I’m apr stage 1 on the GTI

just performing the 24fx will bring you back to stock ecu programming. You’ll want to reflash your tune afterwards

I didn’t flash back to stock

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
I blew my IS20 (ACL and meniscus) and went for an upgrade - wasn't full blown Vortex XL, more like a LITTCO IS38X - but I'm presently having wastegate (meniscus) problems again.
Dang dude, that's rough man. Please take it easy and get some of that extra strength capsaicin cream

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Dang dude, that's rough man. Please take it easy and get some of that extra strength capsaicin cream
Just gotta do lots of strengthening of muscles around the joint; that's really it. As soon as I stop working out it goes to shit. I don't wanna go under the knife again.

FROSTYmk7.5

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
mk7.5 golf gti 6MT
had this done a couple weekends ago when my 19 GTI SE was in for inspection when they mentioned it to me. wasn't aware of it at the time (got my letter in the mail after it was performed). i never had the stalling issues, and i haven't noticed any difference in performance whatsoever other than my 1-2 shifts (6MT) seem consistently smoother 🤷‍♂️. i am (mostly) stock btw, no mods to the engine
1-2 shifts were smoother? count me in

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Ok so it’s been a while. And these are the definite things that I can quantify as being changed after the 24fx update. The GLI is stock. The GTI isn’t and they’re both dsg.

on both cars, the farm equipment tractor sounds on cold start have been reduced severely. It’s still as loud but that tapping event doesn’t last anywhere near as long as before.

the secondary air injection is way louder and far more active. You can hear it blowing in pulses. U can even feel it in the steering wheel.

the cold start procedure seems to be a bit quicker

drive and sport options on the dsg feel the same, compared to pre update. Drive feels like old drive. Sport feels like old sport. Car accelerates the same. Car is not smoother. Nor is it rougher. It’s the same.

downshifts via paddles are not faster or slower. Upshifts via paddles are not faster or slower

finally, super interesting thing I’ve been noticing. I start my car in the garage. After cold start there’s usually a faint gas/exhaust smell. Now, it doesn’t smell at all. Anyone else notice that one?
Sounds like the secondary air injection is responsible for the lack of a gas smell because it's heating up the cat faster. I guess that was the emissions part of the update.