GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ECS Tuning is38 turbo

joseph201185

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
gti mk7
I recently just bought a turbo off ecs for my gti, 3 weeks later now the turbo is smoking. Did any one experience any issues with their turbo ? Or had the same issue

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
You did the UM IS38 flash then, or are you still running your original UM toon and just played with the boost settings via the flash cable?

Have you gone back to the installing shop to have them double check their work?

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
They just said the turbo is bad and it needs to be replaced, its leaking oil into the exhaust but from the inside the turbo
How though? What is causing the leak.. that's some "we don't want to deal with it" info if I've ever seen any.

Have you reached out to ECS about an RMA?

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
The IHI on ECS is a refurb I believe:
This turbocharger was built by IHI Turbo and is the perfect stock replacement. Some foreign made turbos come with absolutely no warranty and can be hazardous to your car if installed. This stock replacement was made for worn out or broken turbos and designed to the exact specifications of your old unit.

Replace your turbo to restore lost power and regain boost. Be sure that you have everything that you need to reinstall including coolant and oil line gaskets, banjo bolts, and crush washers.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ihi-turbo-parts/is38-turbocharger/06k145722h~iha/

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
The IHI on ECS is a refurb I believe:
This turbocharger was built by IHI Turbo and is the perfect stock replacement. Some foreign made turbos come with absolutely no warranty and can be hazardous to your car if installed. This stock replacement was made for worn out or broken turbos and designed to the exact specifications of your old unit.

Replace your turbo to restore lost power and regain boost. Be sure that you have everything that you need to reinstall including coolant and oil line gaskets, banjo bolts, and crush washers.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ihi-turbo-parts/is38-turbocharger/06k145722h~iha/

I highly doubt its a refurb.