GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ECS Silicone Turbo Inlet Hose For Sale

Nathaniel

Silicone Turbo Inlet Hose SOLD. Fits MK7 GTI, replaces stock plastic hose from airbox to turbo inlet elbow, will fit aftermarket turbo inlet elbows like CTS. New Unused, 2 New Clamps also included. $40 Shipped within USA. $30 Picked up within CT.

Last edited:

Mark7GTi-sport

Ready to race!
Silicone Turbo Inlet Hose for Sale. Fits MK7 GTI, replaces stock plastic hose from airbox to turbo inlet elbow, will fit aftermarket turbo inlet elbows like CTS. New Unused, 2 New Clamps also included. $40 Shipped within USA. $30 Picked up within CT.
Will this work on the APR intake?

Nathaniel

Will this work on the APR intake?

Yes it will, since you would use your stock hose to connect to the APR Cold air intake to your stock or aftermarket intake elbow at the turbo.

This Silicone hose replaces your stock plastic one and will work with aftermarket Intake Elbows on the Turbo side and will work with the APR Carbon Fiber intake. Will also work with stock airbox or even the Forge Carbon Fiber Intake, though the Forge intake comes with the Hose.

thechromecoyote

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE
Not to sideline the sale, but APR advises against using silicone couplers with their intake bc of concerns with vibration transferring to the mounting points of the intake scoop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nathaniel

Not to sideline the sale, but APR advises against using silicone couplers with their intake bc of concerns with vibration transferring to the mounting points of the intake scoop.

Just to clarify what you said, Yes thats what APR says in order to cover there own butt.

I have been a mechanic for over 20 years and i'm very much aware of these kinds of systems and issues.

If you use a silicone hose you should only snug the clamp do not overtighten it on any carbon fiber intake system. You will not have any issues with vibrations damaging the Intake or the mounting locations. I have 3 customers that have installed these intakes and silicone Hoses without issue on Daily Driven GTI's. Also if using the stock Plastic Hose you won't take full advantage of the overpriced APR intake. IMO Forge makes a much nicer kit with the silicone Hose included for much less, which i've been running for about a year.

I do appreciate your input, but then again its also all personal preference. Thank you for your input.

~Nate~

Last edited:

thechromecoyote

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE
Love ❤️ that forge intake! How do AIT compare, and how do you feel about it vs APR

And that's good news to read, I had avoided even looking at any Turbo Inlet pipes bc of what APR had said.

Thank you!

Nathaniel

Love ❤️ that forge intake! How do AIT compare, and how do you feel about it vs APR

And that's good news to read, I had avoided even looking at any Turbo Inlet pipes bc of what APR had said.

Thank you!

Logging with JB4, IAT's are down to 87-90 degrees on a hot 95 degree day as we had this past week, during the cooler months, the intake temps are as cold as the air outside. If its 45 out, it logs 45 degrees or less when moving of course.

Very nice indeed. Its one of the very few intakes that truly take full advantage of the incoming air and replacing what the stock one was supposed to do.

~Nate~

Mark7GTi-sport

Ready to race!
Damn it I just missed it