GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ECS performance subframe mount bushing insert

Sub-to-Dub

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 GTI Sport 6MT
I've had both the insert and the arm on the car for about two years/10k miles. Overall I think it's a positive addition and one I suspect will be even better once paired with upgraded engine and transmission mounts.

I decided to give the ECS pieces a try after quickly bending the popular 034 metal insert. I like the design and build quality of the ECS part and the fact that it uses the OEM hardware. I also think it will be easier to uninstall than some other poly inserts if needed.

I can't speak to just the insert as I installed both parts at the same time but as far as performance goes it tightened up some engine slop and made gear changes a little more solid like most of the inserts do. So far the performance hasn't diminished. From my experience this combo does add more vibration at idle than the 034 does but once you're off idle I can't really feel any additional NVH over stock.

Napster11

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 MK7 GTI
I've had both the insert and the arm on the car for about two years/10k miles. Overall I think it's a positive addition and one I suspect will be even better once paired with upgraded engine and transmission mounts.

I decided to give the ECS pieces a try after quickly bending the popular 034 metal insert. I like the design and build quality of the ECS part and the fact that it uses the OEM hardware. I also think it will be easier to uninstall than some other poly inserts if needed.

I can't speak to just the insert as I installed both parts at the same time but as far as performance goes it tightened up some engine slop and made gear changes a little more solid like most of the inserts do. So far the performance hasn't diminished. From my experience this combo does add more vibration at idle than the 034 does but once you're off idle I can't really feel any additional NVH over stock.

Thanks for your feedback.

Yeah i was just looking at the inserts, I appreciate your help though. Cheers

gte718h

Go Kart Newbie
Thanks for your feedback.

Yeah i was just looking at the inserts, I appreciate your help though. Cheers

Hey. I also have the same kit as Sub-to-Dub. After having owned it for some time, I think the additional vibration generated by stiffer bushing may be too much for the stock pendulum (dogbone) mount. I am not saying the stock metal piece is going to bend or snap but I think the increased rigidity of upgraded mount would be beneficial.