GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eco mode at startup

nestid

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Alright this may be a dumb question but when I start the car up, the mode through the mode change button says it’s on Eco. However, on my digital dash it says D. I go back and select Eco again through the selection and it changes to E.

Question is am I actually on eco mode when I start the car and it says D on the digital dash?

BIGTom

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
The drive train defaults to D whenever the car is restarted regardless of the mode it was in when you shut it off. You can select the Mode again to place the drive train back in E or simply pull the DSG lever back to engage S then a second time will place the drivetrain back in E.

nestid

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
The drive train defaults to D whenever the car is restarted regardless of the mode it was in when you shut it off. You can select the Mode again to place the drive train back in E or simply pull the DSG lever back to engage S then a second time will place the drivetrain back in E.
Gotcha so the drive mode button saying it’s in Eco is a lie then because it still shows D. Thanks!

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Depends on the driving mode data set. It might just be just drivetrain, but it might be other things as well. You can modify your driving mode data set (assuming a 3.0 gateway of a certain software index or later) so that all modes start exactly how you left them after ignition cycle. Or you can set certain things to always start a certain way if that's what you prefer.