GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

E30 self tuning maestro 7

silverfish

Car(s)
MK7 Jetta GLI 35th
I self tuned my 2019 Jetta GLI for e30 via maestro 7 and i'm looking for some knowledgeable people to review my log.

3rd gear 3k to 6k. Fuel mix is roughly e35-e40. The car feels great and runs great.
Mods are as follows: MQB Big Bore turbo inlet, CTS Cold air, ARM Catless Downpipe, apr coils and 2 step colder plugs. Stock HPFP and stock IC.
I'm aware my ic temps climb fast, their monitored extensively while driving so im not too worried about that right now, its pretty cold where im at. IC will be upgraded soon.

I could probably add another degree or two of timing but im happy where it's at, i dont think i would benefit much but I could be wrong.

https://datazap.me/u/jjttls/log-1705267400?log=0&data=1-6-7-8-9-10-16

silverfish

Car(s)
MK7 Jetta GLI 35th
horribly rich
personally id run more boost and less timing
and you need an IC before anything else.
https://datazap.me/u/jjttls/log-1705347470?log=0&data=1-6-7-8-9-10-16 I knocked the timing down, althought its a bit lower on this log due to IAT, which is expected since stock ic. Also leaned up the lambda. Didnt touch boost. How does it look now? You were 100% right about being too rich. I was pushing my hpfp too hard and it was failing.

EDIT: I may have actually increased boost by a pound...cant remember.

EDIT 2: Sorry for posting in the golf r sub, but I figured I could find the smartest bunch here.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
more boost less timing on low end. I always thought maestro had ambient pressure as loggable but dont see it.

27psi 3k
25psi 4k
23psi 5k
21psi 5500
20psi 6k

Aim to keep timing below 0 until after 4k to save your rods. You're ok to run it up to the 13 or so it was on the top end to counteract the boost taper.

silverfish

Car(s)
MK7 Jetta GLI 35th
more boost less timing on low end. I always thought maestro had ambient pressure as loggable but dont see it.

27psi 3k
25psi 4k
23psi 5k
21psi 5500
20psi 6k

Aim to keep timing below 0 until after 4k to save your rods. You're ok to run it up to the 13 or so it was on the top end to counteract the boost taper.
How's this? https://datazap.me/u/jjttls/log-1705355211?log=1&data=1-6-7-8-9-10-13-16

IAT is pretty warm right now, about 25-30f higher ambient than usual. I do my logs normally at night when ambient is around 30f. Right now its about 65f. Timing should be a couple degrees higher 4k and after with lower IATs. I have them set pretty restrictive since im stock IC.

As for logging ambient pressure, with the base file im using now from eurodyne, its fairly limited. Almost like a beginner friendly UI. Although, there was another base file...boss 500 mpi? Something like that.. when i worked off that one, there was FAR more logging data and tuning variables, but much more difficult to start off on since im very new to this.