GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

e-acca.com shipping

VDubberinDE

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
If you need the part and can't get it somewhere else just bite the bullet and pay it. Usually arrives in a few days. It's Latvia, so Fedex's rates have skyrocketed from what they used to be. Its not just weight but dimensional weight now.

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
Here's the update I received from Anna this morning:

We kindly ask you to note that before you place your order you may see the message, that informs you about the possible additional shipping charges that may occur if the large parts are ordered.

Here's how that looks: If you have ordered large sized parts - price for the delivery may vary!

We do not earn money on the shipping and we only charge as much as we pay to the shipping carrier. The manufacturer's catalog includes the physical weight of the items in the price list, but I'm afraid there is nowhere we can see the volume weight until the parts actually arrive. If we have ever shipped the parts before, we change the weight on the website, and the shipping will be calculated correctly.

The large shipping carriers, such as FedEx or DHL charge for the volume weight and as we have a contract with FedEx, they actually offer us very good prices and a better volume weight chart, so the volume weight that we pay for is 16.58kg, calculated as: LxWxH/6000 (standard is /5000 and 19.90kg)

I'm very sorry that you have experience a shipping cost change, I'm afraid since we are shipping from another part of the world and the prices for the shipping to your country are higher, than to many other countries, we can offer no other options. Next time if know that you will be ordering any large parts, please send us the approximate dimensions, or just let us know the part number, we will try to find the dimensions and change the weight on the website.

We can offer to send your order by EMS. USD 52.95. The additional shipping cost would be USD 25.04. However please note, that due to the pandemic situation this service is very slow, up to 3 months to deliver.

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
I tried to add 25.04 to my account balance and received an error... I can't win

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
Yea, I haven't heard back from Anna yet, but I'm weighing my options at this point. $25 and get everything (that I don't actually need right away) in 2-3 months, or just bite the $100 bullet an get it in 2-3 weeks.

That additional $75 that could go towards my custom Strafe Design rear diffuser... decisions... decisions...

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
also, and this is relevent but completely off topic...

if you are just doing the alltrack belly pan retrofit, you should be able to find all the parts and hardware stateside for about $300-$350. Several US VW dealers have their parts catalogs online, and the prices vary. If you have some time search the various dealers in your area (or further away too but shipping may increase) and compare the rates.

specific for the alltrack kit I bought everything from this dealer, and it was only a little over $300 shipped, and it only took a couple days to ship.
https://parts.volkswagenofmarietta.com/

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
also, and this is relevent but completely off topic...

if you are just doing the alltrack belly pan retrofit, you should be able to find all the parts and hardware stateside for about $300-$350. Several US VW dealers have their parts catalogs online, and the prices vary. If you have some time search the various dealers in your area (or further away too but shipping may increase) and compare the rates.

specific for the alltrack kit I bought everything from this dealer, and it was only a little over $300 shipped
https://parts.volkswagenofmarietta.com/

I have more than the belly pan in my order. I have the Audi jack pad kit, the A3 harmonic damper, and a few other smaller parts that were far cheaper from e-acca than anywhere else I've seen. If I do decide the pay the extra $100, I'll still only be all-in for about $308. Thanks for the heads-up though. If my order with e-acca falls through, I will be sure to look into that option.

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
Yea "Anna" actually adjusted the shipping for me manually when I first ordered because it would not pop up. I emailed her today checking on the status since it was supposed to arrive to their facility today, but no word....

I read this entire thread just to see if someone brought up "Anna."

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
Figured as much.

"I'm afraid the shipping was slightly more expensive due to the size of the box 2.75kg 164x43x12cm

We have paid USD 114.49 for the shipping. We kindly ask you to cover the difference of USD 93.29, so we could ship your order."

Sigh. Guess I'll just buy it from my local dealer.

cnace2

Passed Driver's Ed
Figured as much.

"I'm afraid the shipping was slightly more expensive due to the size of the box 2.75kg 164x43x12cm

We have paid USD 114.49 for the shipping. We kindly ask you to cover the difference of USD 93.29, so we could ship your order."

Sigh. Guess I'll just buy it from my local dealer.
Welp,Im bracing for it now....

Blindeye_03

Go Kart Newbie
Im being told that shipping is going to run 130 EUR for fedex to where I am, and that there will be no extra shipping fees... this is for the TCR muffler.

Should I believe them?

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
They've probably shipped the TCR muffler before so they can calculate the actual volume weight. That's about $148-150 USD, so it sounds about right.