GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dubai fun roads

alexd

Hey guys,

I've been reading the forum for a while now however this is my first post :)

I'm quite new to Dubai and the UAE and was wondering if there are any nice curvy roads (in contrast to boring Sheikh Zayed Road) i can discover without worrying about radars and speed limits.

Any suggestions or personal preferences would be great.

Thanks

mukuljuria

Ready to race!
Hey,

I'd recommend a drive to:

1. Jebel Jais in Ras Al Khaimah - best road in UAE i think

2. Jebel Hafeet in Al Ain - crowded but still fun especially on weekdays

3. The road from Hatta to Kalba (mountains) - this ones tough as on the way to Hatta Fort Hotel, theres a tiny left turn before the Round About of the hotel then goes into to the mountains towards Kalba (near Fujeirah). Done this one a few times and I really like it.

Hope this helps

alexd

Great! thanks a lot for the info.

I did have a read about Jebel hafeet. So just to be sure rather than learning the hard way, none of the roads have radars right?

Thanks a mil

mukuljuria

Ready to race!
I am really not sure about that to be honest...

The road to hatta does but I dont remember the mountains near hatta having any.

Jebel Jais is used by all the motoring magazines to test supercars etc..

Jebel Hafeet is also used by them.

I guess trying it out would be the only answer and ofcourse do let us know :D

dasGTI2

Alex,
I have done the Jabel Jais run at some alarming speeds and this was a month ago. No fines yet. Im not sure how long the other Emirates take to issue speeding fines. So fingers crossed

alexd

MukulJuriagtimk7,

I left dubai at 4pm yesterday after a long lunch to check out Jebel Jais. I have got to say i did not want to leave this place. I kept pushing the car hard on every single turn and just got addicted to the combination of the gti's growl and "farts". Not a single soul on the road so i could hear the car's engine echoing through the entire place.

I was eager to check if some of the defaults mentioned in other threads were also found in my car. None! It was pure Gti force: the grip was outstanding, the handling and the suspension as well, the acceleration was pure joy, the braking precise and accurate and the DSG sharp fast and responsive.

I found out that it might be a bit less responsive at low rpms but highly responsive at high revs.

Anyway, I Just wanted to thank you guys for this amazing discovery and will definitely keep you posted for any fines :)

mukuljuria

Ready to race!
MukulJuriagtimk7,

I left dubai at 4pm yesterday after a long lunch to check out Jebel Jais. I have got to say i did not want to leave this place. I kept pushing the car hard on every single turn and just got addicted to the combination of the gti's growl and "farts". Not a single soul on the road so i could hear the car's engine echoing through the entire place.

I was eager to check if some of the defaults mentioned in other threads were also found in my car. None! It was pure Gti force: the grip was outstanding, the handling and the suspension as well, the acceleration was pure joy, the braking precise and accurate and the DSG sharp fast and responsive.

I found out that it might be a bit less responsive at low rpms but highly responsive at high revs.

Anyway, I Just wanted to thank you guys for this amazing discovery and will definitely keep you posted for any fines :)

This makes me happy! It also justifies my need to go check out this route haha :p

I'm waiting for the weather to cool down a bit and I will be heading out. Your explanation of the experience just makes the wait longer. Really glad you enjoyed the trip and happy motoring :D

Mukul